Any One have experience with Crower 1.7 Rockers?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if any body out there has used the Crower Roller Rockers. I have had the Crower stage I cam for a few years now and am looking at finally getting some high ratio roller rockers. NA now my gen I is making 469 RWHP and 550 RWTQ, trying to get near the 500 RWHP NA mark.

My local machine shop is a Crower distributor and quoted me $550 for the set which I thought was fair.

Crower claims a dyno proven 39 HP increase over stock on a stock 1994.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Howie Frank was the first person I know to have experience with the Crower 1.7 Rockers (about 10 years ago)... ALL BAD. Many people followed in his footsteps w/Crower issues. Search the archives, but I hope those w/first hand experience will post.

Just remember... you get what you pay for. Or to put it another way: the cheapest solution often costs much more in the end.

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. That is what I am trying to find out.

Not necessarily looking for the cheapest Rockers, more or less what would work well with the crower cam. I have been very pleased with the cam and was hoping their rockers would work good with it.

Thanks,
Ed

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crower makes a number of different rocker arms. I can't speak to Viper applications, but their stainless steel 17-4PH (phase hardened) roller rockers are an excellent product. Good luck..

Last edited:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my car used it had Crowers on it. After 8,000+ miles and plenty of trips to the rev limiter they are still runnng strong.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crowers have problems when going above 5000 RPM. They are not shaft mounted and have a tendency to slide off of the valve and cause failure. Go with a good shaft mounted rocker, either Mopar(T&Ds), Arrows or Jessels(sp). I have some Mopars, new in the box selling for $875. Pm me if interested.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of the crowers that I took of my car, they have about 3000 miles on them. If you want them, pm me. $200 and they are yours!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crowers have problems when going above 5000 RPM. They are not shaft mounted and have a tendency to slide off of the valve and cause failure. Go with a good shaft mounted rocker, either Mopar(T&Ds), Arrows or Jessels(sp). I have some Mopars, new in the box selling for $875. Pm me if interested.

Yup I heard all bad things about the Crowers, new Mopars at $875 is a good deal, they are the same as T&Ds, the best price I got on them was $1,200 from T&D.

Oh BTW, hi guys long time since I've been here :D

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
martyb,

I will definitely take the Crower Rockers if you still have them for $200. I tried to PM you twice but it keeps getting kicked back to me, saying your box is full.

Can you please email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte