any one have their gauges not come on during start-up?

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started my 03 today and headed on down the road, when I looked at the gauges they were all off. It looked as if the car was parked, but I was heading down the road about 50mph. Not a single gauge was reading. So I pulled over and turned it off and back on, and they worked. Wondering if this is a common thing, or just a weird one time quirk?

Chris

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hmm...sounds like a typical BCM (Body control module) seizure. The SRT-10's have a LOT of computer control, and things seem to go haywire on occasion. Cured by just turning it off, and back on. A reflash may not hurt though... I have heard of Headlights flickering, gauge back-lights dimming/coming back/dimming/coming back, gauges not working at all/******* themselves momentarily, starter "double engaugement" (press the start button, and it SOUNDS like you actually press it twice REALLY quick. no grinding the flywheel, just like it stops for a split-second mid-turnover), and also engine running for a second after turning the key off. Those are just the ones I have heard of/seen recently. None of them a reocurring, except for the headlight flicker, which is an '04 reflash.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen. Posted a thread on it, but I'll recap: You were also locked in the car. I tried to get out after noticing all my gauges dead for the drive from work to home (5 miles) and found that all the latches (inside and out) would not open the doors. The windows also lost the 'auto-down' but still worked while pressing the switch! VERY strange!

Only happened once, and 're-booting' by turning the key on and off fixed everything.

I'll have it checked at the dealer, but they won't find anything, as usual.

OP
OP
D

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K. I just wanted to make sure I was not the only one. Sometimes when you try and search for previous threads, you have no idea what to put in the search string for something like this. Anyway, if it happens a few more times, then I will take it in..

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdinc98117