Any tuners with a gauranteed head package for Gen I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't seem to find anybody who'll give me a ballpark figure for headwork on my 94! If I'm going to pay $XXXX for headwork, I want some rwhp #'s. If nobody's done it, I don't want to be the guinnuae pig who pays $XXXX and gets back a car with 35 more rwhp. If I am a guinnuae pig, I want a huge discount for not knowing what I'm going to get for my money. Everybody's got figures for Gen II's! Any reputable tuners out there with a reply?

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

I feel your pain and here is an offer for you.

Send me your heads and I will do them at cost + 10% for your "guinea pig" sacrafice. I don't know what kind of power they will generate. One thing is for sure though, we will ALL find out together as we dyno and drag test EVERY SINGLE UPGRADE and post the realistic results for everyone to see and comment on. We have nothing to hide.

Rest assured that our heads work! Several customers have dynoed Gen 2's with results ranging from 50 BHP and up. We have dynoed with and without power adders like NOS and have achieved outragous torque numbers like 950 RWTQ. Check our flow numbers and comparisions and dyno results at the link below.

My own viper has shown a dyno increase of 50+ hp and 5 tenths of a second elapsed time with a MPH gain of an average of 6 mph(all of which are in the first 1/8th mile........we previously averaged 92 in the 1/8th now we average 98 mph and have timeslips for anyone to view).

Best of luck to you. You have my offer.

BTW, I shy away from using customers cars for R&D but we are certain of our cylinder head program. If someone wants to come forward like SEAN ROE who owns a Gen 1 car that does lots of R&D we will make you that same offer.

Thanks,

Tom
Http://btrviper.com
1997 GTS BTR 750 SS "PLUS" 680 RWHP, 944 RWTQ...10.3 @ 140 + MPH

"BTR Performance, where Value and the Dollar come together"

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Welch:
Matt,

I feel your pain and here is an offer for you.

Send me your heads and I will do them at cost + 10% for your "guinea pig" sacrafice.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what does that come out to? I might be interested.

Cam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just Finished a set. dyno is pending. Car feels incredible. If you can wait I will have numbers soon.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok,

Here is what I will do.

I will require 3 sets of Gen 1 heads. Once we have 3 sets committed we will convert them to the equivalent of our Stage 2 cylinder head package(less rocker arms) for $ 3,000.00 per set.

If we don't get 3 sets the deal is off. To do only one set at this pricing is a loosing proposition for me, If im going to loose money on R&D at least I've got 3 cars for testing purposes instead of one, and with all of the varibles like different dyno facilities, different parts of the country and weather conditions, home grown installers and all of the other factors that I can't control, to do just one set especially when Im not doing the work is not how we prefer to test products.

I will do this deal on a ONE car basis (and PREFER to do so to cut my losses) if the customer will allow me to do the installation and before and after testing at our facility which we have used and know to be accurate. We have sea level weather conditions, and with the winter months approaching our weather conditions can sometimes be ideal.

THIS PRICING WILL NOT BE DUPLICATED AGAIN AFTER THIS DEAL IS DONE!

There it is, you guys asked for a deal, lets hear the excuses now!

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Give Doug a call. He has a lot of experience working heads for Gen 1 cars and will give you the real skinny.

I don't know about the big HP claims. Maybe 30 rwhp without a cam upgrade.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.