Any Vipers in Lancaster/PA area???

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about 35 minutes east of the Lancaster area and don't know about ownership in that area. Unfortunately you're moving to a pretty mundane area. Mainly Quaker and Amish people and farms in Lancaster. Remember the Amish don't drive cars let alone a Viper.

I've been told there are about 10 Viper owners in the Downingtown area (Chester County) which is east of Lancaster. I've met a few of them, but I'd hardly call/categorize them as owners who are seriously involved in car events or racing activities. However, there's a general array of car enthusiasts in the area and you just have to dig them out.

I find this area is pretty mundane as far as car events go. Of course you can always hook up with folks who drag their cars @ Maple Grove in Morgantown or Pocono Int. for an array of racing events.

Sorry -- even the PA VCA region covers such a large territory and I don't see a good array of car events coming from this region as with other VCA regions. The only big event of the year was the Mopar Show held annually in July at Carlisle.

Other PA'ers please tell me if my obversation about the lack of Viper events hosted by the local region is wrong. I'm envious of the other region's activities.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Pa Finnviper! I live just outside NE Philadelphia. It's true, there aren't lot's of events in our region (WV-PA) because of the size of our state. We had a great turnout at Carlisle a few weeks ago. Feel free to e-me if I can help you.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The WV/PA Region has indeed been involved with various racing related venues. In fact, we have had a membership pending for Formula Motorsports Park that was "supposed" to have been built by now. (Looks like that is a loss now however) There is also a weeked event under review to include race time before the summer is over. The NJ Region is involved with the PDA at Pocono as well as a great event at Englishtown, NJ. It's really hard for a club to be all things to all people, so you can imagine what it's like to try and plan an event. For example, I for one, could care less about racing my Viper, so I choose not to participate in such. Bear in mind that most regions welcome participants, no matter what region they are affiliated with.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Finnviper

I live in Langhorne PA which is in Lower Bucks County.
I joined the NJ Region Viper Club. A great contact there is Joe Houss, he is a wealth of information and allaround goodn guy!
When you get in the area send us all some mail and I'm sure we can get you out and running.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks guys!! We built a great region, and Adel has taken over with all the expertise to keep the region tops!

Take a look at our NJ region website if you'd like to see the latest scheduled events at www.viperclubofamerica.com (we'll be up in a few minutes ... as we are doing some server maintenance)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Pennsylvania. I am the events coordinator for our club. Remember that it is your club. If you are involved others will follow. I on the other hand am the opposite of matt. I love to race. although i no longer race a viper i do have a nice stable of a Neons, a SCCA SSB car that i will take any where. I also have 2 World Challenge Neons that will be completed this year. i will be in Atlanta & charolette, 1 being a South African right hand drive car. If you need to know about track time i can help. I am currently looking at Rausch Creek for our club to become members of this awsome track.

yes the demographics of Pa & Wv are huge. WE have devided our club into 4 regions. West Virginia, Eastern PA (philadelphia), Central Pa (harrisburg area), Western PA (pittsburg). if you need to get in touch with the directors there please hook up with me & i will try to lead you in the right direction.

frank

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MOTOMIKE is correct. The PA/WV Club is more show/social event oriented vs. some other clubs. I joined the NJ Club as they tend to gravitate a bit more towards racing. I've been road racing at Pocono a few times and attended the annual Englishtown event as well. This is not at all a criticism of the PA/WV club; simply a personal preference given that I'm able to better match my goals and expectations through affiliation with the NJ Club.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri, Lauri

Say it isn't so!!
frown.gif
They must be paying you well!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
Sorry to see you go, but wish you the very best. Enjoy your car, as I know you are! Are you coming to PaPa's on Saturday? I hope to see ya there.

blkz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINNVIPER,

I currently live in the Harrisburg area(about a half
hour west of Lancaster), but lived in Lancaster County
for about 10 years.
It is kinda boring there, but they do have the largest corvette club in the country(LCCC)-which of course doesnt apply to you.

I did test drive a 91 RT/10 in Lancaster before I sold my 97 C5 for a Z06. The gentleman may still have the car and may do some events, I am not sure. He owns a night club called Miguel's just
south of Lancaster City. Anyway, I loved the torque
of the Viper I drove. Pulled like a freight train
compared to my 97 C5, which I never considered slow.
I would say my Z06 is slightly faster than the RT/10,
but probably slower than a GTS(hope the fellow members
of Z06vette.com dont read that
smile.gif
).

All in all it is really not a bad area. Very pretty
countrysides...Lititz is a beautiful town..

Dave
01 Blk/Blk Z06
Lowered, Ripper

MrLucky1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Welcome. I have only been to a few events, but the all the people in both the PA and NJ clubs are a great bunch. I am looking forward to becoming a little more involved. I live in the central Bucks county area which is about 1 1/2 hours away, but I LOVE TO DRIVE.

Again, welcome.

99 Sidewinder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just moved to Rising Sun MD which is right over the PA line. I recently got a 99 RT/10 and just joined the Viper Club but I have not yet chosen which local club I am going to join. I have not attended any club activites yet but I drive my Viper alot. The country side is beautiful in this area and it is fun to romp around. I have not yet run the V-10 at the track but Cecil County Drag Strip is 4 miles from my house. (I have raced my V-Max there).

Anyway... welcome to PA!
smile.gif