any word on 18 inch kumhos?

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems like the sticker tires would be safer on a non traction control, non abs viper. would like to put them on.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why bother, just get a new set of Pilots from Jon B for $869 ( I believe that is what he has them for ). The Kumhos are not out in 18's , and probably won't be for the forseeable future. I have run 11.7's with 18's ------ 45 lbs in the front, and 19 in the rears. The Michelins are darn decent at the track, and a ton better than their predecessor - MXX3s. Just a thought, but while the price is so reasonable, thought I should pass it on.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
For those REALLY interested is the cost-over-time issue with Michelin's vs. Kuhmo's...i.e. VALUE !!!...see the recent comparison of these tires in the Porsche Club's "Panorana" magazine...may be that Michelin's ARE a better VALUE.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Can you give us a summary of what the article said? And are these the same 17' Kumho's that many Viper owners are raving about?

Thanks in advance.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

Is that for all 4 tires??? I am looking for some good deals on Michelins. How do I reach Jon B?

Thanks

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
check out Tire Rack cheapest yet on Pilots. their running a special under $800 w/o shipping
yesnod.gif

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
onerareviper...sorry, I gave the article back to the PCA member...will ask him to see it again tomorrow.

sbkim...JonB can be reached at Parts Rack via this board's link...or call 360-837-3937

If you go with TireRack, ask for Luke at extension 362

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302