Anybody know anything about this Viper in PA?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good...if he traded it in on a Caddy, he probably drove it like a puzzy! The bad...kinda high priced for a stock, average miles car...amirite?

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right. I negotiated them down to $44,000 and $18,000 for my 2003 10th Anv. Cobra w/ 30k miles as a trade in. Low enough?

And If I do happen to pick this one up, ill be looking at your old black viper a little more closer :omg:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's better. A viper purchase factors in a bunch of things, and price isn't always the top priority! If you like it, it's close, can get financed, right color, good mileage etc...go for it!

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing thatI saw was the ipod connect in the center dash. Can that be causing any stress on the plastics?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good in the pics Nick, but with black you have to see it in person.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly! Fortunately, I know some good detailing guys here on the island :D I plan to put my Cobra back to stock this week then have it ready to go by next weekend. Will see what happens. I really wanted a Yellow 05, but they're almost impossible to find for a reasonable price.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my GTS from a Caddy Dealer that took it on trade for a CTSv and have actually heard of at least 2 other Vipers traded in on CTSV's.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive by there twice a week, I can stop in and look it over. I am not familiar with who may have traded it in.

WAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have our CTS serviced at this dealership. I don't think they keep their trades unless they look really good.

No dealer cars are cheap and I think this dealers cars are a little higher than most but it is a first class dealership.

My wife and I go out for breakfast on Sunday mornings, If we get a chance (its about 25 miles), we will have go have a look at it if it is on their lot.

WAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped this morning to have a look and the Viper was in the back with a SOLD sticker in the window. I didn't bother to look at it because it was sold.

Must be a good market for used Vipers.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It says "SOLD" because I put a deposit on it Saturday morning. :2tu: I would appricate if anybody close to the dealership can swing by and have a look over the car before I make the 150 mile ride out there. If you find the time, please let me know! I told them some members from the PA region might pop up to have a look so they know you're coming! Thanks again...

Since the Cobra is an 03, its almost impossible to find a buyer willing to pay $$$ without a loan. 2 potential buyers came and checked it out before going to a bank to find out a personal loan will be too much. After a few months of trying to sell it privately, I decided I will put it back to stock and trade it in for a Viper.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick--Good luck and congrats on your purchase! I must say 150 miles is nothing--if I were interested in a Viper and it was only 150 miles away, I would be checking it out myself, in person, in a matter of a few hours.

Bill

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
150 miles isn't so bad! Finding the time working 3 jobs is :lmao: I plan to take a ride up there this Saturday.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Nick. I wouldn't worry much about the wire in the dash. Looks like to me a stand for a Nav. Just make sure they didn't screw it into anything you will see. Decent price and a way to get out of the mustang.... Good luck.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wire attached to the dash is for a Sirus Radio - Most likely a Stellito. I stopped by on Saturday. Will need a good cleaning before
you will really be able to see the paint. The motor looked good. Rotors are not schorched the red calipers are bright. You really need
to make the drive down before pulling the trigger. 150 miles is nothing.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wire attached to the dash is for a Sirus Radio - Most likely a Stellito. I stopped by on Saturday. Will need a good cleaning before
you will really be able to see the paint. The motor looked good. Rotors are not schorched the red calipers are bright. You really need
to make the drive down before pulling the trigger. 150 miles is nothing.

Thanks for stopping by to have a look. Did you notice the quality of the paint? Any bad water spots or scratches? Thanks

bmv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was going to buy this car every panel on the car was scratched except rear bumper and interior spells damp. Was asked to give them an hour to detail but the car came back worse with to many swirl marks. Drove from upstate NY with trade and cash. Look at that car carefully

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm....... Thats not good. At least I know some guys to give it a good cleaning :D.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As stated...You need to come down to look at the car. When i looked at the car it did have water spots from sitting outside (its not a caddy).

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true. I got in contact with Barry from Presidential Detailing in Manheim, Pa. He is going to take a look at the car tomorrow to give me a better idea on how bad it really is. Hopefully its nothing too crazy.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just came back from Kelly, drove around the lot three times, looked in the shop, did not see the car, asked a salesman walking around if they had a Viper on the lot, and he said he saw it leaving earlier:dunno:

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was going to get detailed. My father actually stopped by since it was an hour away from where he works. Says I wouldn't be happy with the condition of the car. Curb rash, scratches, swirls, water spots, etc... Ill pass on this one. Anybody have a Yellow 05 with less then 15k miles for sale??? :dunno:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry it didn't work out Nick, but if I've learned anything when dealing with cars, it usually happens for a reason cause something better is around the corner :D

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets hope thats the case in this situation! They're out there... just have to find them!