Anybody looking for a new SRT/10?

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If so, we have a few for sale for $89,500!!

We have black, red, and silver for sale. All are new and still have plastic on the interior and less than 10 miles.

See our website for more information at - www.dodgevipersforsale.com

Thank you

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, once upon a time, that would have been exciting news. But it's not now, not when you consider that the Roanoke Motor Company (romocoinc.com) is selling their 2003 SRT-10 Vipers for $83,795. Plus, they have 24 for sale!
You're charging $5,705 too much.
-Daffy

OP
OP
V

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daffy -
I just called and the Vipers that they have are customer cars that they put into their inventory, and aren't even for sale! The price for their 2003's is $6,000 over sticker which puts their Vipers for sale at $89,795, which makes our Vipers $295 cheaper. Our Vipers are also not customer cars that are waiting for their certificate owner to pick them up, they are ready to go, on the ground, and free and clear. Thanks for the reply.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daffy -
I just called and the Vipers that they have are customer cars that they put into their inventory, and aren't even for sale! The price for their 2003's is $6,000 over sticker which puts their Vipers for sale at $89,795, which makes our Vipers $295 cheaper. Our Vipers are also not customer cars that are waiting for their certificate owner to pick them up, they are ready to go, on the ground, and free and clear. Thanks for the reply.

Jeez. Really? Talk about misleading! Does deception never end?!!
Thanks for the investigative work, and for keeping us all better informed.
-Daffy

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
re:The price for their 2003's is $6,000 over sticker which puts their Vipers for sale at $89,795, which makes our Vipers $295 cheaper.

Whats that about $13K over invoice, not including the dealer holdback of another couple grand...Good to see your not gouging on the price...

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipernate doesn't get the cars at invoice, he has to buy them on the open market from owners who are getting around $83000. to $85000. currently, so he isn't getting 12K over what he is spending on them. + cost of doing business and associated expenses, he's not getting rich. Also, if Roanoke is selling the 03's they have to share the sales profits with the owners, so they are not getting rich either. If the owner is not involved in the sale, the dealer has to notify the factory that the sale did not go through and the factory will decide what to do with the car.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipernate doesn't get the cars at invoice, he has to buy them on the open market from owners who are getting around $83000. to $85000. currently, so he isn't getting 12K over what he is spending on them. + cost of doing business and associated expenses, he's not getting rich. Also, if Roanoke is selling the 03's they have to share the sales profits with the owners, so they are not getting rich either. If the owner is not involved in the sale, the dealer has to notify the factory that the sale did not go through and the factory will decide what to do with the car.

Ah, so that's how they're working it. I wondered how that was being handled. Now I know. Thanks.
-Daffy

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are sharing the profits with the cert. holder? Why would they have to do that? If the cert. holder did not want to purchase the car and do his own flip, would not the car revert to Roanoke to do whatever they wanted with it? Anybody know for sure that is what they are doing? It seems very generous.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would they have to turn it back, if the cert. holder did not want it, it's theirs to sell right? I thought this profit sharing stuff with the cert. holder was something DC was frowning on.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,

Dodge sent a memo to the dealers notifying them that the car was sent to them FOR DELIVERY to the specified customer. They were told that, should the customer back out of the sale, the dealer must notify the appropriate folks at DC who will follow up "with instructions on how to proceed".

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the dealer gets the car for sale - I think they most liklely would, but I could be wrong.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree who cares what 95yellow vette says.

For others who have been told by their dealer that they could not order a 2003 SRT it may matter that some are available elsewhere. Of course, not to the individual who has an 8 year old vette. That person would not be in the SRT gene pool.

91ZR1#661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For your info,
I have a freind who is getting a SRT 10 and has not previously owned a Viper.
ANYONE who has the money can get a SRT 10 anywhere,anytime.You just have to
know the right person.It ain't no big deal-trust me!
95yellovett

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. I just stopped in at my local dealer during lunch, he's got a beautiful new silver 2003 SRT on display on his front lot. It was also at this weekends 12th annual local car show (I entered & won my class..my first car show...great fun).

Anyway..Sticker's $84,000 and change...He wants...$95,000.00!! He wanted sticker for a new 2001 when I was shopping last year...thankfully this site sent me to Woodhouse. :usa:

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery