Anybody with 315's front tires on 11.5" wide rims?

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the duplicate thread, I asked the same question in the tire and wheel section but got no response, only a few views.

Does anybody have any experience with 315/30-18 on 11½ ” wide rims in the front on a Gen 3?

Any rubbing issue?

What is the offset value?

Comments and observations about handling welcome.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and Happy New Year to all!

Phil

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have them on my 11 inch SSRs and everything is fine. Hell I was running 315s up front back in gen 2 days too. You'll have no problem with that set up, if the off set of the 11.5 inch rim is correct. Why go that extra .5? 11 is perfect for the 315.

OP
OP
V

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have them on my 11 inch SSRs and everything is fine. Hell I was running 315s up front back in gen 2 days too. You'll have no problem with that set up, if the off set of the 11.5 inch rim is correct. Why go that extra .5? 11 is perfect for the 315.

Hey 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR, thanks for your feedback!

Why would I go that extra .5?

Contemplating the Jeff Lemke Street Serpent conversion and it would nicely fill the wider front end and also afford a bit less "ballooning" with a wider rim, giving a bit less steering input delay and making the steering feel more direct and responsive, albeit at the expense of slightly increased steering effort.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Phil

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4