Anyone driving to VOI?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone in the Carolinas is driving to VOI and interested in a caravan, please post! I will be leaving early morning Tuesday the 26th from Durham, NC, to drive ~11 hours to get there for dinner and drinks with whoever else is in that evening.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a peak at the mapquest suggested route for you from Durham to Detroit. Our route intersects with yours where I-80 and I-77 intersect, and that looks to be about 20 or so miles west of our rest stop at Portage. We'll be at that rest stop around 1:30 or so....What time are you leaving Durham?

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a peak at the mapquest suggested route for you from Durham to Detroit. Our route intersects with yours where I-80 and I-77 intersect, and that looks to be about 20 or so miles west of our rest stop at Portage. We'll be at that rest stop around 1:30 or so....What time are you leaving Durham?

Your rest stop is about an hour or so south of Detroit, south of Toledo? At 1:30pm? I'd probably have to leave at 3:30-4am to make that, don't believe I will leave *that* early if I can help it! But thanks though! Are you there on Tuesday or Wednesday? I'm driving up on Tuesday.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not quite!!! Our stop is about 3 hours from Detroit as I understand it. Find where 80 and 77 intersect, then go about 20 miles east on 80 and that's our rest stop. The rest stop is at mile-marker 197 on the OH turnpike. The nearest town I see to the 80/77 intersection is Brecksville, OH, which according to Mapquest is 8 hours 30 minutes from Durham. If you left at 5 AM, that would get you to the Brecksville area at around 1-1:30. We could easily hook up for the final 2.5-3 hours into detroit.

And yep, we're going up Tuesday as well.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, that sounds like more of a possibility, I'll give that some consideration!