Anyone else have a Viper near Upstate South Carolina

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I would like to know how many are there of us with Vipers here in the upstate South Carolina area??

By the way my name is Shane and I live in Anderson,S.C. let's meet up sometime.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a small world. Anderson is my hometown and I will be coming there tomorrow via Greenville. Unfortunately it will be in a plane this trip. I do drive one of my Vipers up there a couple times a year for trips to Walhalla,Cashiers,Highlands,etc......

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a small world. Anderson is my hometown and I will be coming there tomorrow via Greenville. Unfortunately it will be in a plane this trip. I do drive one of my Vipers up there a couple times a year for trips to Walhalla,Cashiers,Highlands,etc......
AWESOME!!!!! Well we will have to get together and plan a trip up hwy 28 to Highlands when you come threw the next time.I love 28 it is so windy and a blast to drive the snake on.Plus I love to eat at the Cornacopia restaurant!!!!

Let's keep in touch Ray....

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should be driving up again in March or April. I'll shoot you a pm. There used to be a member with a red Viper in Belton. Don't know if he still has it.

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should be driving up again in March or April. I'll shoot you a pm. There used to be a member with a red Viper in Belton. Don't know if he still has it.
Great...I look forward to March and April cause that is when my car club gets back up and running and we will start riding again.As you know we have sooooo many good mountain rides here it will be hard to decide which route to take first.But I look forward to when you are heading this way and I will make sure the club has a good ride lined up the weekend you are in town.

And talk about a small world....I was born and raised in Belton,I will have to drive threw Belton more often to see if I can catch the red Viper out and about.My uncle lives in Williamston and has a black Mamba and he will join us for the ride also.

Thanks Ray for telling me about the red Viper and I look forward to meeting you in the spring!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok so far we have WILDASP and Bandit3 not to far from the upstate S.C.,anyone else like to get together come spring??

Of course we would not do it when there is a VCA meet close by....

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!!! I am really special,I am one of only two (including my uncle's Mamba)Vipers here in the upstate of South Carolina.UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lower NC here, Fayetteville to be exact. We (Carolina VCA) been talking about a Viper gathering at Myrtle Beach.

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lower NC here, Fayetteville to be exact. We (Carolina VCA) been talking about a Viper gathering at Myrtle Beach.
Thanks for letting me know about the planning of the M&G at Myrtle Beach.If you do hear of a date please let me know,I am very interested in that!!!
Thinking of buying a house or some land in Myrtle beach for my eventual retirement place. Any suggestions or realators you could recommend.
Nice place to retire...And I am sorry I do not know any realators in that area,but hopefully maybe 281cammer can help you with that.
Please let us know when you do retire and move to our great state.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had forgotten all about that event. It kind of got lost in the discussion of the Biltmore event. As great as the experience was at Biltmore, I thought John mentioned something about not repeating the same event in 2010. Maybe that opens the door to do Myrtle Beach instead. I know I wont be able to make VOI 11 out in Utah, so maybe this will give a chance for those that can't make that trip to do a large Viper event closer to home.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I would like to know how many are there of us with Vipers here in the upstate South Carolina area??

By the way my name is Shane and I live in Anderson,S.C. let's meet up sometime.

I'm in Asheville, NC. I was in Anderson Friday and Sat last weekend. I have a house In Iva on Lake Russell.

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Asheville, NC. I was in Anderson Friday and Sat last weekend. I have a house In Iva on Lake Russell.
Nice...My local car club here in the upstate we do a Lake Lure drive twice a year so I will have to keep in touch with you to let you know when the next one will be.And also I will PM you some info for the next time you are in town maybe we will meet.

Thanks for letting me know your pretty close by.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had forgotten all about that event. It kind of got lost in the discussion of the Biltmore event. As great as the experience was at Biltmore, I thought John mentioned something about not repeating the same event in 2010. Maybe that opens the door to do Myrtle Beach instead. I know I wont be able to make VOI 11 out in Utah, so maybe this will give a chance for those that can't make that trip to do a large Viper event closer to home.

I'd like to see something different than a repeat of the Biltmore, at least for a couple of years, and I think others would be interested in something else as well. But given VOI 11, a bigger club event should be a fair bit before then, so people can reasonably do both if interested (e.g., I've been to the last 4 VOIs and plan to go to Utah, not sure about driving yet though). Myrtle Beach might be a good plan for this year, maybe in the spring? We'll be getting something out to the membership on event planning soon.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see something different than a repeat of the Biltmore, at least for a couple of years, and I think others would be interested in something else as well. But given VOI 11, a bigger club event should be a fair bit before then, so people can reasonably do both if interested (e.g., I've been to the last 4 VOIs and plan to go to Utah, not sure about driving yet though). Myrtle Beach might be a good plan for this year, maybe in the spring? We'll be getting something out to the membership on event planning soon.

I'd really like to go to VOI 11. What all goes on at these events? If I can't I'll surely be game for the next Carolinas event.

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be relocating to the Columbia area, anything or anyone around there?
Well please let me know when you do cause I am only around a Hour and Half from you in Columbia and there is a member here that goes by WILDASP that is in Columbia.

Also if you do move to Columbia I will send you some info on my club here in S.C. cause we do have a Columbia chapter.

I hope to meet you soon and have a safe trip moving....

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well please let me know when you do cause I am only around a Hour and Half from you in Columbia and there is a member here that goes by WILDASP that is in Columbia.

Also if you do move to Columbia I will send you some info on my club here in S.C. cause we do have a Columbia chapter.

I hope to meet you soon and have a safe trip moving....

Definitely would love the club info and to get together. We are fairly certain that we will move as it is an internal promotion, just waiting on one more meeting and an offer letter.

What do you guys do for service/work to your cars in SC? Mine is fairly modified and the only one that I have heard of remotely close to SC would be Underground in Charlotte.

Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely would love the club info and to get together. We are fairly certain that we will move as it is an internal promotion, just waiting on one more meeting and an offer letter.

What do you guys do for service/work to your cars in SC? Mine is fairly modified and the only one that I have heard of remotely close to SC would be Underground in Charlotte.

Thanks,
Mike
Cool I will PM you the info and the only other place for service/work around here is Tom Sessions in Wilmington and his number is (910)228-8477 he has some strong recommendations around these parts of the woods.

Your welcome,
Shane

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump....For any newbie's on here in the upstate S.C. area.

I have a group of people from Atlanta area and the Upstate of S.C.planning on a ride threw the N.Georgia mountains in April of course it's a all Mopar cars.

Anyone interested just let me know and I will give you info when we get it all worked out.

sbarbier

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK not quite upstate SC but I just moved to Marion, NC. It's about 30 minutes east of Asheville on Lake James. I did hear about a car show in Old Fort April 24th I was thinking about crashing. I believe it's called "Mountain Thunder" and hosted by the Route 70 Cruisers club.

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK not quite upstate SC but I just moved to Marion, NC. It's about 30 minutes east of Asheville on Lake James. I did hear about a car show in Old Fort April 24th I was thinking about crashing. I believe it's called "Mountain Thunder" and hosted by the Route 70 Cruisers club.
Thanks for posting and letting me know your kinda close also...

The show you are talking about on the 24th might just work for my club,I will put the word out to the members and see if they are up for a drive.

Maybe if we can get 2MANYTOYS(Brian)to comment to it also and we can meet up somewhere before the show and ride in together.

Thanks again for letting me know about this show and that you are kinda in the area.I will send you a PM on some info...

And if anyone else is interested in this show just let me know and I have the details on it if you like.

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn.....I just went and look at a show we were planning on doing in April here in the upstate and it's on the 24th also.I guess I got ahead of myself there,but I hope me and you and Brian will soon meet up one day.I will be putting together a Lake Lure/BR Parkway ride for either May or June so if nothing else maybe we can meet and ride together then.

OP
OP
S

Street Serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have full details on the April 10th ride to Brass Town Bald in Georgia if any of ya'll are interested in joining a group of 20 Mopars for the ride.

Let me know and I will PM details,thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4