Anyone else have window problems?

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Driver's side if I put it all the way down, will only get about half way up then the motor just makes a clicking noise. I have to manually pull it up about half an inch then it will continue with the button. Also it doesn't automatically go down when I open the door, so I have to leave it down a tad or the window will hit the top when I close it.

Passenger's side it goes up and down really slow.

It is a 2006 with 24,000 miles on it. Just bought it 2 months ago from a dealership and already finding things breaking...

Hoping the $3500 warranty they had me get covers this stuff. Also is there suppose to be a weather seal around the trunk? There is like a gap where it looks like weather seal should be.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like both regulators are going south. Expensive repair but seems like the extended warranty should cover it. Is the car a previous wreck shouldnt be missing the rear trunk seal unless been wrecked and improperly fixed. And this could be the reason for window problems too:dunno:

OP
OP
D

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm, trying to find out. The dealership told me it was clear and good to go, never any problems. Then I found out later on the dealership didn't even own the vehicle, they knew I wanted 1 so looked on google.com for 1, found a private seller in San Jose and asked if they could sell it for him. Then they brought it to the shop and called me when it arrived...

The funny part was when I found the Ad 2 weeks after I bought the car and have been driving it. I texted the guy asking if it was for sale, and he said it was at a dealership pending a sale. I wonder how long they made the guy wait before paying him.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Window issues are pretty common - do a search, a member here did a pretty good write-up with pictures not too long ago.

My 2003 with 25K is showing signs of an issue with the driver's window, seems a little loose. I'm just very careful with raising and lowering it, and it seems to be OK for now. Also, a rattle from the passenger side window. Since most of my driving is with the top down and windows down, I never really noticed it until my ocassional off-season drives when I have he top and windows up.