anyone familiar with 97 B/W GTS "twosnks"?

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I just purchased my first Viper. 1997 GTS in Blue & white from Convenience Car Care in Manassas. I am wondering if anyone on here is familiar with the car. I have the previous owners name, but don't want to post it publicly. I am just looking for any background info, or issues, etc...

Thanks!

Nick

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! Tires are old, have not referenced the date code yet, but I would say 4+ years. They stick surprisingly well though, even in the 30 degree temps I drove it home in, as long as you don't act stupid with them in 1st or 2nd, they are just fine.

Will probably be looking to replace them in the spring though.

Nick

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...don't you generally look for issues and background before you purchase? :smirk:
Good luck with it best color ever to grace a Viper.

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...don't you generally look for issues and background before you purchase? :smirk:
Good luck with it best color ever to grace a Viper.

Yeah, I did all the research I could through my local dealership and the place I bought it through / inspected it on a lift etc... I was just looking for a little more personal background on the car... Little nagging problems, or perhaps not even problems, could be something interesting the car has done, show it has been in or something like that. I have just never purchased a car like this where I did not get to speak with the previous owner directly before (bought through a dealership) so it's more my curiosity than anything. :drive:

:usa:Nick:usa:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B&W most desireable color combo, nice...congrats on the purchase!

Of course, if you want it to go faster....paint it R E D!!!

There are various sources on here who can help you with history if you provide the vin (id any open recalls that need to be done, etc). If you didn't have your car professionally checked out, might be worth the few dollars for peace of mind...and, while you're at it, I would recommend changing all fluids...just to give you a "clean" start.

Would also consult someone in your Region for name of local Viper tech if you don't have one already...will be a big help!

Again, good luck!:2tu:

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Nick,

I looked at that exact car about 2 months ago and it convinced me that it was time to buy a Viper. I looked at a bunch and finally got a '08 venom coupe a few weeks ago, but like many, my first love was the B/W GTS. Good buy! Do you live in Manassas?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I did all the research I could through my local dealership and the place I bought it through / inspected it on a lift etc... I was just looking for a little more personal background on the car... Little nagging problems, or perhaps not even problems, could be something interesting the car has done, show it has been in or something like that. I have just never purchased a car like this where I did not get to speak with the previous owner directly before (bought through a dealership) so it's more my curiosity than anything. :drive:

:usa:Nick:usa:

I know exactly where you're comming from! I'm on my third viper, (all gen 1). I bought my current car from a founding member of this club (VA/MD)!!.... So I asked a few questions here...

Nobody seems to remember him or my car.

I know my ride has a few stories... I heard Biff of Vipermania fame used it as template for his gen 1 windows... ?? ... I don't know and can't seem to find him either. That was a story the previous owner passed on..?.. I'd like to learn the full history of my car too.

Good luck in your search.