ANYONE Have Any Ideas or Solve This Problem? HELP!!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
had a ROE SC installed and after install the temp gauge just flies over to 250 degrees even when the car is cool. it doesnt creep up slowly and just zooms right up there. Also there is no power going from Alternator back to the battery and car idles rough with misfire codes..Battery light came on. I removed a VEC 1 and im thinking maybe a short somewhere???? Anyone have any ideas? Guys Help. wanna go to ATCO this week and drag race!!!thanks :confused:

Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the guage is most likely the Temp Sensor. Had the same thing happen to me.
the power from the alternator is most likely something done with the install....

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dimitrios,
Congrats on the SC, now just take it back to whoever installed it and have them check it out. Sounds like something wasn't re-connected after the install.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY D!!

Get that Damn thing Fixed And Represent!!

Best of Luck in getting it repaired, I'm sure you'll have a great time tomorrow racing it!

:2tu:

Jay K.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dimitrios,
Congrats on the SC, now just take it back to whoever installed it and have them check it out. Sounds like something wasn't re-connected after the install.

thanks guys. Marc, everything was connected the same. There were only or 3 harness connections that had to be diconnected when taking of the intake manifold and all hae been checked. chuck called and said i might have blown a fuse. he could be right cause i never disconnected the battery. i hope thats it!!!

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, referring to the temperature gauge, my Viper would do this when I had a large air bubble trapped in the cooling system. Hasn't done it for a while now that I've gotten all the air out of it.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, referring to the temperature gauge, my Viper would do this when I had a large air bubble trapped in the cooling system. Hasn't done it for a while now that I've gotten all the air out of it.

Ya, make sure you get all the air out. Especially if you went to a 180 thromostat when you did the blower install. You may have some air traped.

Real Hummer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
D- check the link for Seans pcm as I told you that it will probabally throw misfire codes as mine did.www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=8&idproduct=31 as far as air in system I dont think that is your problem due to the fact that coolant was only drained about 1-2 quarts to install 45 elbow because you already had 180 stat. I think you are going to find some electrical(existing)problem as nothing in the electrical system was touched. your gauge should not shoot to 250 when car is cold and you turn key on. the vec1 has nothing to do with it.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who installed Blower? D if you need any help drop me a note.I'm close by. I have a good friend who does blowers. On 7 sec cars.Let me know

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spoke to chuck again and said it might be the return wire from alt into battery. it has a fuse between the green wire and have to see if its blown.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21