Anyone have cheap track tires/wheels for sale?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By cheap, I mean around $1000-1500 for a set of wheels (18") with >50% R-compounds on them (Kumhos, Hoosiers, etc.). I don't care about the appearance, just need them to be straight and safe for track usage.

I've got the stock runflats on, and they are terrible. I thought about upgrading to PS2's, but am leaning towards keeping the runflats and having a set of dedicated track wheels/tires on the side.

Thanks!

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper parts are cheap when compared to Ferrari and Lambo parts, that's why I came back to Vipers.

I've seen track wheels sell for $1000-$1500 in the past, I just didn't need them at the time. Now I'm back into track mode!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Later in December I will have a set of factory 18" G2 wheels available after my iForged land. I don't know if you'd be interested in the tires, but they will be Pilot Sport rears still above the wear marks, a Pilot Sport front with much better tread, and a PS2 front that will be basically brand new. All the Pilot Sports are date coded mid 2006 or so, so they're not ancient and hard. One of the rear rims has a ding in the outer bead but does not affect performance.

If interested give me a PM and maybe we can see if I'm cheap enough. I have no problem splitting it all up to suit needs.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of stock 18" wheels that I would let go for a $1000. They have some curb rash on the passenger side wheels but other than that are in great shape and the clear is good on them. The tires on them are Pilot sports.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have lots of tires. Do you want Hoosier VRL's or r6's ? I will be down at Road Atlanta December 5-7...Stop by...Let me know that you are comming.....

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tail - Yep, checked the classifieds but checking to see if anyone else is like me and is too lazy to post in the classifieds, but will reply to a post or via PM :)

Dave & Accel - I'll send you a PM

Frank - Are you racing Dec. 5 - 7? I'd love to buy either/both VRL's and R6's if you have them. Do you need a hand that weekend?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Racing or Breaking in a Car.
I'll bring both. You want 18's Correct ? I have a couple sets of full & ready 17's if interested. 3 spoke wheels or ccw Wheels.

Look for the trailer that you would think carrys Horses, or the Vanilla Comp Coupe, or the # 19 SRT Charger..

james in vemont

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you find a set of rims?i have some 17's 3, 5 spoke or ccw that would make good track rims.

James

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did find and buy a set of 18" CCW's, but unfortunately they don't fit the SRT coupe. So, I'm still looking for a set that will fit. I believe the only ones that fit are 18" 1-piece CCW's or SSR's. If anyone has those for sale used, please let me know!