Anyone have experience with Lingenfelter twin turbo z06?

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
I know of one for sale and was thinking it would be a good track car for the money. I know they weigh quite a bit less than the viper and owner claims 575rwhp. My guess is it will outperform a stock gen II on the track but wondering about modded cars? Not trying to stir the *** here, or challenge anyones ego, just wondering about the performance of one of these cars.

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt know people raced twin turbo or super charged Vipers or Vettes on roadcourses, but seeing as I never tracked my Viper, what would I know. I did have a Z06 though, it was a TT, but I can tell you a modded Z06 will run every bit as a good as a Viper on a track. I do like my Viper better however

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt LPE is the KING when it comes to forced induction Vettes..But you might want to consider a bad ass NA 427 C5R for the track.

I know a guy that has a beautiful Black Z06/C5R for sale...It puts down 520 RWHP and 530 RWTQ. Car has all the track goodies, Brembo's,Over size Radiator,Custom suspension etc.

If your interested PM ! I think he wants $50K and the car has less than 20,000 MIles on it.

Cheers

Jeff

OP
OP
R

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, I prefer the viper too but to get the brakes and handling of a modded z06, you would have to spend a lot more money. I know that people say TT or SC'ed cars are harder to drive and I do not pretend to be a pro racer, I just love boost and the rush it provides and if the power transition makes the car a bit harder to handle/and or slower because of spooling, thats ok with me for the end result is worth it. Are you saying you had a TT z06? and are you comparing to gen II or gen III car? thanks, John

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John , I'm sure there's plenty of guys at www.corvetteforum.com that will help you out !

If you go to C5 For Sale Section there's a few LPE's on the market...Great time buy now.
Most of the Z06 and C5 guys are dumping there car's in hopes of upgrading to a C6.

Good Luck

Jeff

ACRJUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lingenfelter builds great cars. I've been on corvette forums for a while and cant remember any complaints. If the guy you know is claiming 575 rwhp he probobly has a stage 2 LPE tt kit. Lingenfelter #'s tend to be quite conservative. Plus you get the warrantee. If you dont care about the warrantee, you can buy the boost controller and kick it up. I have the TTI kit installed by Xtreme motorsports. My numbers arent that high but I paid about 1/2 of the LPE stage 1 kit. I run 7 lbs of boost and have had no problems yet, except traction. Its my daily driver. Another good company it motorsport tech. They have a 427 kit out for the corvette, I think they won One lap of America last year. Their kit plus a 200 shot of nitrous get high 9's.
Judson

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of one for sale and was thinking it would be a good track car for the money. I know they weigh quite a bit less than the viper and owner claims 575rwhp. My guess is it will outperform a stock gen II on the track but wondering about modded cars? Not trying to stir the *** here, or challenge anyones ego, just wondering about the performance of one of these cars.

Riverflyer, I would think you would want a N/A car for road course racing. Why not just get some engine work done to the RT. The torque of the Viper on the road course is awesome!

Did you know 99% of the LPE TT Vettes on the road do not have an oil cooler?

Corvettes do not come with an oil cooler from the factory.

Also the Zo6's have a very shallow oil pan prone to oil starvation that is not all that good for the high G cornering of road course racing.

My .02, hope this helps.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, good point, I was not aware of that. If I remember correctly, the gen III cars are prone to oil starvation with high g's too. So is the fix the same for both cars? Is it a mod to oil pan in design or size?

Riverflyer, I was not aware the Gen 3's had that problem.

I do not know if it is a design or dimensional problem. I would have to see the windage tray and oil pan/oil pickup/oil pump/oil filter layouts to further comment.

As far as a fix for the Vette is concerned, I could not tell you except for maybe an accusump to kick in when the oil pressure gets below a certain point.

OP
OP
R

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, thanks for your input. I do see you can get stock z06's in the high twenties now and I know they are great track cars, but I will look into the oil problem further.
PS, because of a mishap with a deer and a great buyout offer, my Roe car is no longer mine but is being put back together by another board member. I really miss that car though and will be into another viper before long, just not sure which generation. The thing I don't miss is the poor brakes, so maybe gen III or if I can find another ******* car I enjoy, maybe a nicely modded gen II GTS. Anyway it is fun to look, but much more fun to drive.
I was just thinking, all things considered, and especially the money end, a cheap z06 would be a great overall track car with good brakes and suspension, cheap go fast parts and good reliability.

Z06TT how does your car run?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC