anyone out there with a silver '98 GTS?

Don Anzalone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: anyone out there with a silver \'98 GTS?

Yep thats it in the nutshell....Watch those yellowing sidesills......For me that is the only drawback of my car
Good luck ......

Don 99 rt/10

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My '98 side sills have only a tinge of yellowing on the top for about 4" and nothing on the side. It is a small price to pay for the best all around color in my opinion. Everything shows up less on the silver, even the small scratches under the fascia that will occur.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone out there with a silver \'98 GTS?

I'm looking for anyone with a '98 GTS. I'm looking to buy a used one (silver) with 9200 miles from Woodhouse Dodge. Any info would be appreciated about your car regarding likes/dislikes etc.

You can e-mail me personally if you'd like at [email protected]

Thanks.
Dave

phoeve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love it ! The color is great ! The best thing is that it looks clean even when it's not. I've owned sports cars of many different colors. The 98 bright silver stays clean the longest by far.

phoeve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Forgot only negative. The silver is prone to side sill yellowing from the cats' heat. I wish I'd gotten high-flow cats (cooler) and insulated the insides of the sill before mine started to yellow. I'm looking for an exhaust upgrade and now and will have the sills repainted when they're removed.

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you need to check with this guy up in illinois!! he has a silver 98 gts and loves it. a few problems though...

- he runs it and shifts at 1300 rpms and is always bitchin about the skip shift thingy.

- he claims the silver paint is why he only dynod 345 rwhp and 352 rwtq with kn's , smooth tubes, headers , throttle bodies and a supercharger.

- he will talk your head off about how hard these cars are to launch and how the best way to take off is in 4th gear to avoid wheelspin. ( he has a 15.6 qtr. mile timeslip in his wallet at all times to back up his thoery so don't argue with him!!!)

- his paint has had some problems over the years because regardless of what he has heard about the wonders of zaino he insists on waxing his car with pledge and murphys oil soap. he says it really SOAKS into the clear coat and gives it a well UNIQUE look!!!

i am sure he will post sometime but he may be busy trading penny stocks on some poor 80 year olds ira.
You must be registered for see images

regards
george

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

George I can't stop laughing!! I never new you were that funny! I e-mailed Dave with my phone number to call if he had any questions, but now you blew all my secrets. I do appreciate you giving me your drag racing tips. With your tips I should be beating your career best of 13.78 in no time at all! Oh, by the way, those penny stocks sure didn't start out at that price. Thank God I didn't put anybody into MGWLTD.com!!

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For what its worth. My Silver GTS has been one of the easiest cars to keep clean. I wash it once a week and just dust it off every other day during the week and it always looks fresh and new.