Anyone sell a 965 to get a viper

mdurbahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have been shopping for a b/w gts for a few months...I just stumbled across a sick deal on a 91 965 porsche turbo. i am trying to use my self control to not buy it so i can get a gts but it is hard! any guys here sell there old c2 turbo and get a viper? want to chime in and convince me to pass on it?:crazy2:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hhahhahaha... WELCOME TO THE 80s !!

I have owned porsches from 16 to 25 and while I loved them, they totally scream 80s... if not 2000 or up.

I have owned 3 in my life and while they were fun, they are boring at the same time. See if you can go drive around for a day in that 965 and then the GTS.... NIGHT and Day difference.

I bought a 2002 GTS ACR over a 2002 Turbo.. never looked back.

No comparison !!

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was in the market for a new toy I looked into getting a C2 turbo as it has been my dreamcar ever since I was a kid. However, the insurance for a Porsche was very high compared to the Viper and after checking on maintenance costs I wasn't willing to deal with a 20 year old car at those prices.

And the last straw was when I went to register on the 911 forums to get info and ask questions, none of them would let me on. Screw them!

I'm glad the Porsche didn't work out, I love my Viper :D

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buddy sent me the link good price but needs some work. I bet the motor needs a freshening. I have a white 94 turbo totally fresh motor and a black 2001 twin if you know anyone interested

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I turned down a beautiful low mile 993 to go for the 2001 Viper. The 993 would have been my second Porsche. I can tell you that the Viper gets WAY, WAY, WAY more attention than the Porsche ever did and is an awesome car to drive. It demands attention and respect!!!:2tu: Not to take anything away from the Porsche but I am glad I made this choice! It's great when you get people driving down the freeway next to you hanging out the window at 70 MPH snapping pics!:D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just say no based on the miles, that thing will kill you with maintenance costs, and while I think P cars are neat you can park a high end 08 model next to a B/W GTS and the crowd will ignore the Pcar, especially the members of the fair sex, so if you are single think about that grasshopper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96