Anyone track a Gen V at Laguna Seca?

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
REDSLED's car is on the tee-shirts at BW, buy one and he'll autograph it for you at a reasonable fee

No kidding! I own that t-shirt.

Mike, I think I met you at Buttonwillow a couple of weeks ago. I had the orange Camaro with the black hood.

Todd

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't remember you owning a viper too. I saw you grid a few times but we never got close. I kept coming out late and had to navigate around all those s2000's Crowed but fun, long tow for me but I want to get back there, Going to visit my folks in Houston for the holiday's so I'll miss that December date. Hope to catch up again in the new year. Bring your G5

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys in the Cup Car and GT1 Mustang are buddies of mine and we've been racing with each other for quite some time. We know where to push and where to lie back. It was al in good fun, nothing too serious. Yes it was wheel to wheel racing with http://www.ncracing.org/ The racer in the Mustang is also a co owner of the club. He is also a Viper owner. We all give each other plenty of racing room on the track and have a good time. Luc books plenty of days at T-Hill for $99/day. Yes, I will come out to play in December. What organization is running the day?
Damn, that looked fun! And if you don't have an occasional off-track excursion, then you're not really pushing hard, LOL.

That didn't look like a typical HDPE event, was that some sort of race? I've gotten to the point that I can drive pretty quickly by myself with a wide open track, but I tend to get very cautious when it comes to passing. I typically pass on the straights, but I see you passing pretty much any where, LOL. That's a goal of mine, to figure out how to safely pass in more places on the track. I've had a few close calls with cars even in the advanced groups where they will unpredictably go offline towards me mid-pass.

I will be tracking Buttonwillow on Dec 21 - 22 in the Camaro, care to join me?

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I didn't know if yo went or not. Next time for sure. I can definitely save you some seconds at Buttonwillow!
Redsled, great video, do like the view from both. I should have reached out when I went to BW on the 20th, figured it out but had a learning curve. I'll post a track video with two offs here and on the alley Mike

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your GTS is too cherry to hack up, don't do it. Buy a car that is already built. Will be instructing at Laguna Seca this Sunday with NCRC. Nice pick BTW. She still looks good after 15 years!
Awesome video Redsled. I still got the nice pic you sent me..:)

You must be registered for see images attach

Modded GTSs sounds awesome. I was thinking about turning mine into a race car,but you know since its a blue and white. I can't do it.. :D

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys in the Cup Car and GT1 Mustang are buddies of mine and we've been racing with each other for quite some time. We know where to push and where to lie back. It was al in good fun, nothing too serious. Yes it was wheel to wheel racing with http://www.ncracing.org/ The racer in the Mustang is also a co owner of the club. He is also a Viper owner. We all give each other plenty of racing room on the track and have a good time. Luc books plenty of days at T-Hill for $99/day. Yes, I will come out to play in December. What organization is running the day?

I've heard good things about NCRC from a couple of friends. I'll keep an eye out for their events.

Dec 21 - 22 is with Speed Ventures. I'll be running in the Green Group (advanced, open passing). I'll be tracking the Camaro there with a wing and splitter for the first time. Should be fun to have a little ACR-like downforce. My friend is getting tired of getting his GT3 beat by a Camaro, so he's thinking of trading up to a GT3 RS, LOL. So the wing and splitter should even the playing field yet again. And if that's not enough, I'll just have to bring out the big V10 guns. :headbang:

http://www.speedventures.com/EVENTS/eventdetail.aspx?id=440

Todd