Anyone use these rotors?

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the brand but it seems like most avoid the drilled rotors because some claim they are for looks only. Slots are really good at dispering heat if the "ends" of the slots are designed correctly (square ends-poor......curved ends-good). Alot of top manufactures like porsche and mercedes use drilled/slotted.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the brand but it seems like most avoid the drilled rotors because some claim they are for looks only. Slots are really good at dispering heat if the "ends" of the slots are designed correctly (square ends-poor......curved ends-good). Alot of top manufactures like porsche and mercedes use drilled/slotted.

I think the concern with drilled is that if you are going to use them for high temperature applications like track days, the srilling can increase the chance of cracking of the rotors. Slotted rotors do not present the same level of risk but still provide increased dissipation of gases from the rotor surface.

/Rich

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I elected the EBC red stuff pads... Like I said nothing is installed yet. This set up is strictly for street use, not track, nor is it intended to be used on a track.

Ill get some pics and a final word once I get all the parts and install.

:usa:

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust or use any cross drilled/slotted rotors sold on ebay. I went through a few sets on the viper and corvette in the past and either they crack or warp shortly after from normal driving. Later what I found out was pretty much all rotors being sold on ebay are manufactured in China using cheap mixed metal and substandard casting. There is a huge Chinese brake rotors/pads importer in Riverside, CA and most of the ebay sellers buy those cheap stock replacement rotors from them and machine and plate them locally. That's why most of the seller on ebay are located right here in Southern California. You should spend a few hundred bucks more and get the DBA rotors. Many people here don't know or heard DBA rotors but they are pretty well known in corvette, bmw and porsche community. They've been around 30 years and have been a supplier of BAER, Brembo and AP Racing brakes. I personally have these rotors on both of my viper and corvette and IMO, these rotors are the best bang for your buck. Check out their website and you'll know why they are top quality rotors. I believe there are a few vca as well as some ebay vendors sells DBA rotors. You should go check them out.

Disc Brakes Australia - PERFORMANCE DISC BRAKE ROTORS

Below pictures are for front rotors: DBA 5000 series for SRT10 (2-pcs, 22.35 lbs ea.)

You must be registered for see images

Below pictures are for rear rotors: DBA 4000 rotors for SRT10 (1-pc, 26 lbs each)

Last edited:

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't doubt that DBA are probably superior rotors. At an average of $479 each for the 5000 series, they just aren't in everyone's budget. I've done extensive searching and haven't heard of them until now. Thanks for posting this uncommon brand. What pads are you using with them, and how would you rate the performance ?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't doubt that DBA are probably superior rotors. At an average of $479 each for the 5000 series, they just aren't in everyone's budget. I've done extensive searching and haven't heard of them until now. Thanks for posting this uncommon brand. What pads are you using with them, and how would you rate the performance ?

For that price you might as well go with Stoptechs or Brembo.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corvette guys were buying the crap out of the DBA rotors, most liked them...I think they got so many orders, they started shipping wrong sides, mismatched vanes, and buisness dropped. I purchased a set for my Denali, just havn't put them on yet. Great price of four for $200 them. They were not 2-piece though. I heard most of the better rotors are from Australia :dunno: