Anyone with opinion on 3m clear facia and hood protectant??

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had my le mans facia re-painted and am planning on having an experienced installer in Houston to apply the 3m clear protectant to splitter, facia and mirrors on a gen 2. Have any of you had any neg. or positive results with this? Thanks.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 99 ACR with 1500 miles this summer.I figured the car is to perfect not to put it on.I had it installed by Ai Design up here in NY.I am not sure if its 3m but this place is known all over the country for its work and I know they only use the best.I also have a 2001 M-3 and have had on it a Armourfend product since new.I highly reccomend doing it to your car .If you drive high speed you know what happens with all the pitting to the front of your car.By the way I did everything on the front of both cars including about 30%of the hood,light,fogs, mirrors and behind the wheels .No yellowing ,the only adverse effect is sometimes people think the line at the edge of the tape looks like a scratch or key job.Both cars are silver so it does blend well. I say do it and have somebody really good do it.They know where to flow the lines so you wont see it.The ACR took them all day to do at a cost of $900.

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Lotus Elise I bought had it done from the dealer. They charged me $980 for it, I'm sure it cost them considerably less. It covered all the surfaces in the front as well as the mirrors, rear quarter, and the rear bumper. I can't comment on it's durability cause I sold the car, but it looked great.

I tried to take pics but couldn't get the seam to show up on the camera. If you look in my gallery you'll see pics of the car.

I thought about adding it to the Viper, but there is some pitting already there (very minor) and feel alittle uncomfortable about applying it over a surface that isn't 100% perfect.

Bill

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have it on mine and at first when I bought it I did not like it. However, it cleans up so easily from bugs etc that I now love it. Anything past 5ft you cannot even see it.

Just get it, You'll be glad that you did.

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had "Autobahnd film" put on all the leading edges and side sills on my 03' Silver SRT when new, over 5000 miles ago. It is fantastic!! Minimal grille area wear and tear but no paint damage, & no discoloration (even on hot sills). Cost about $500; well worth it!
Bob :usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960