Anything worth doing in Orlando, besides the usual?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be leaving Nashville this Wednesday for Orlando for a business Conference at the Coronado Resort. Will probably be there until Sunday or Monday. Besides Disney, Universal, I-Drive, and the other usual tourist traps, anything worth checking out while I'm down there? Any good night life? :D

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good night life?? You leaving the family at home? I assume this is a "sleep study" convention, you guys are up all night anyway, I think you should just stay in your hotel, watch C-Span, read a good book(How to be a better person for you and the environment-Chads fav.), etc. :D
btw, What's up with the new avatar? Cobra hack into your user info and give you a red "Pete"?

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm always on my phone, like now, so I haven't had time to photoshop the red Pete into a blue Pete.

Yep, sleep conference. Some of the vendors we use likes to get together for one crazy night. This will be the first time the conference is in Orlando. I remember where all the tourist traps are, but have no idea what else is in the area.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
What are you looking to do? House of Blues has some nice events. NARRA is doing another Viper track day at Sebring over the weekend. If your with the significant other, Circus Ole is worth seeing.

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. House of Blues may work out. We're about 5 hrs away from Orlando now. I think all of I75 south of Atlanta is under construction. :(

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We ended up spending a day in Tierra Verde and ended up boating out to an island. Had a great time. Didn't do too much in Orlando. We also spent a few hours at Cocoa Beach. My feet are sunburnt to hell. Forgot to apply sunscreen on my feet after I took my shoes off.