Archer headers

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I and several others are running the Archer/CDI headers. They're probably the best headers out there for modified-heads cars. However, their advantage over other good headers (Hennessey, TNT, Belanger) appears to be slight, and they're the most expensive brand I've seen. For stock-head cars I have no data thus far, but the CDI headers will probably have a minimal (<5 peak HP) advantage.

If you haven't already made a decision, hold off a couple weeks. LTHLVPR will be testing CDI headers as an incremental add-on for a car which already has catback and no cats, and that should provide interesting data which may help you.

Reaction score
Hi Ben, Your bolt-on information, based on dyno results before and after, is very useful. Dan Cragin (working with CDI) found that the CDI headers made about 10 HP more over what he thought was the best. The numbers were from CDI's engine dyno on a slightly modified motor, making 630 hp with the CDI headers.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One brief thought. At the recent Viper Days events, where dyno runs are now mandatory, the Archer headers seemed to be producing better numbers than any of the rest. The Wheel to Wheel racers can have virtually no changes to the motor internally, so these crate motors were pulling stout numbers with just the header. Considering that Tommy Archer and Caldwell worked together to design these babies, it doesn't really seem surprizing that they are getting stout numbers in real life testing.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I have joined the team at Apex Motorsports, we have had a chance to dyno a few sets of the CDI/Archer headers, as well as several sets of competitive headers from Belanger, and others. We are truly an objective shop (we don't build any headers) and out mission is to supply the Viper World only the best quality parts with excellent prices, and professional customer service and installation is our number 1 priority. We can offer you these parts as well as a module that allows you to run them without cats! (No light and no surging!)

Please e-mail me privately for further details, or feel free to call me at the shop: 408.562.1000. We are open Tues.-Sat.
Thanks!
-Wayne

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Performance Motorsports/Larry Macedo is now testing the CDI headers on the DYNO and will have numbers this week to share with all. The CDI Headers are on a 2001 GTS Coupe with soon to be installed Corsa 3inch cat back exhaust system. We will test with Cats ans without and post the results. All DYNO work is being performaed at Vinci High Performance on a Dynojet.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arrgh, I of course meant CDI HEADERS, not CDI HEADS. I'd expect that CDI heads would make power similar to other good-quality tuner heads (i.e., 40-50 RWHP).

I am editing my original post to correct the typo, which will make Fred's post below it somewhat confusing...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by treynor:
Arrgh, I of course meant CDI HEADERS, not CDI HEADS. I'd expect that CDI heads would make power similar to other good-quality tuner heads (i.e., 40-50 RWHP).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh boy, nice going Treynor! Now that topic is gonna start up again!
smile.gif