are mamba's worth more?what about yellow?

redlightrich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are mamba\'s worth more?what about yellow?

hey all, i have been looking into a 04' while the prices seem so good. seems like in nj where the weather stinks for 4 months a year 04's can be had for 74-75k, 05 for 79 or so. while peeking at e bay i see a guy in altoona pa with a black and a white mamba. both new. what do they have besides a better stereo and upgraded interior. should i expect to pay much more for these. it seems the yellow on e bay ( 2 there now ) are at 82.5 buy it now, the other one does not have that feature. should yellow (my favorite) command such a premium? any thoughts, thanks, rich.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: are mamba\'s worth more?what about yellow?

The color yellow is new but things should equalize with a little time.
As for a Mamba, seems they are going for around 2k more.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The White Mambas generally pull a larger premium than the Black and Silver due to their being a "Mamba only color," the ONLY way to get white. Though you should still expect to pay more far any Mamba than a std. version.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Mamba are no different. They have a two tone interior a numbered badge and a cover. If the red/black interior is not important to you I would stick to a non Mamba and save yourself 2k. Personally, I like the red/black and was willing to pay up for the interior ... not better just different color.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Course kinda hard to fully assess the Silver Mamba at this point as they are just being made. Silver will be discontinued after that, so that will help it's resale also. Yellow SRT-10s should be arriving any minute, and it should be a hot color, if interest dictates.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

40% of the American population lists <font color="blue"> blue </font> as their favorite color (in general, not specific to automobiles). No other color had anywhere near as high of a ranking, but the lowest ranked color was white. This is in contrast to the (see thread) the lists of the top 10 [italic]car[/intalic] colors.

It is not possible to separate the color from the car design. Ferraris look great in Red.

Porsches? Not so much.

Black is a major maintenance concern, but its depth of shine is quite impressive. Yellow garners attention (if you want it). Silver has class.

Much has to do with your association to the car to the color. Blue/white for Cobra has impacted the desire for Blue/White for a Viper coupe. My preference would be for Red/silver stripes or black/silver stripes.

I do not know if, as yet, we have the information that indicates resale based upon color other than black cars appear (to me) to sit very long at the dealer, and red cars are perceived (not by me) to be too common.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

05 VCA Special Editions yellows are different then 05 Yellow. They only made 50 Special editions! Yellow dash, yellow stitching on seats and steering wheel. Plaque with your # by cup holder, VCA Sticker on the side of the car, Black hood stripe, Black chrome wheels. Should be worth more then a regular 05 because its one of 50. Plus the added options. JMO