Are You Consumed With Your Viper?

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Every couple of weeks my wife tells me I am too consumed with Vipers. I really enjoy viewing this web site, reading car mags, detailing the car, planning modifications, driving the car, etc. When the car gets a scratch/has a problem she knows I will have to attend to it immediately. I think she wishes I still had my 911 because I wasn't as "passionate" (and she could drive it). Do other members get similar comments or is it just me? My wife got a new labrador for Christmas so I probably have a few weeks until the next episode. I really do enjoy my Viper! Merry Christmas. Doug

SilverViperSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are not alone, in fact I put a lot of time on this site and also on the tuner's site. I am reading everything and yes my girlfriend find it to much often (now I'm OK she's gone for 10 days).

You know what for me it's normal and right know my SRT is in the garage for the winter time and I look at it few times a day. For Christmas I purchased some MGW articles, a G Tech Pro and know I just finish reading everything with the word Motons because I want to lower it.

I am writhing to you actually and I am wondering for the first time, how I will react if my girlfriend has a fixation like that! Honestly I am putting many hours a week on Vipers, even my cousin built me a web site web page

So yes I understand you

SilverViperSRT

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've was told i was obsessed with Vipers long before I actually bought mine. Everyone said they knew i would buy one at some point, but none were expecting it so soon. Now instead of just collecting Viper models, I have a real one to obsess over along with still collecting Viper stuff and reading all i can about them

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does reading the forum at 04:00 qualify.....probably not, but reading it at 04:00 while I wait for my 100% cotton, made in the USA, white towels to come out of the dryer so I can wax my car does :crazy:

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well i've only had my srt10 for two months now. and i think my girlfriend is actally jealous of the amount of thought and attention i give the viper lol. but i've always thought that after about a year or so the car would become ordinary for me and lose my attention. any viper guys who've had there car for more than a few years still have this problem?

OP
OP
D

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm feeling better. Maybe I don't need a 12 step program after all. I can't wait until my wife gets up so I can tell her about PaViper and his laundry. She thinks I'm the only night polisher out there! I hope you all have a great New Year.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely obsessed. My wife would laugh when she found me sitting in the car while in the garage during spells of bad weather.

It's even worse with my car being broken and waiting for it to get fixed. I'm going to go crazy while it's in the shop.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I dont own a Viper, I AM obsessed. All of my family and friends know that the Viper is my FAVORITE car. Infact, any time someone sees one, they call me and describe it to me. :D I think most of them can now distinguish a GTS, RT/10 and SRT/10. If Im like this now, I cant even imagine how obsessed I will be when I actually own one.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not obsessed but my wife thinks so. I mean is it unusual to clean the suspension parts everytime I remove the wheels so that I can clean the inside of the wheel rim before I clean the outside of the wheel? I say hell no. And I'm not gonna take anymore abuse about obsessive behavior from no one. Ok, except the wife.

Speaking of lug nuts, where can you get those without the Viper tax. Mine are alittle rough. :2tu:

I am working on convincing the wife that doing anything Viper related is actually therapy. And that due to therapy I am a better person. And now that I am a better person...you get the drift. Of course after the first statement she is usually laughing too hard to hear the rest.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes sir fellow member I am a Viper holic and I am here to get help.
My name is Knuk and I am also a Viperholic...I washed my car on Christmas eve, a neighbor yelled "get a life"!! I thought what I was doing was quite normal - isn't it??

OP
OP
D

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am feeling much, much better. Now I know I have "brothers" to talk with when my wife decides to take the Mercedes and leave. Anyone in Indiana have a spare bedroom (and garage)?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, Doug...glad to hear that you are really having fun with your Viper.

You MIGHT consider getting one for your wife!!! If she really warms up to it, you're set....if she doesn't warm up to it, you'll have a backup Viper !!!

As far as "night polishing" and detailing seemimg excessive or obsessive...you need for your wife to meet Kurt (the detailing poster child, A.K.A...ZainoSaurus Rex )...thereafter, she'll consider you normal.

Happy Holidays !!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does polishing the chassis qualify? I'm sure all you guys pull your wheels off each time you wash, to wax them inside and out right? ---See Honey, I don't have a problem.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely obsessed. My wife would laugh when she found me sitting in the car while in the garage during spells of bad weather. :2tu: :D

:needpics:

I really don't srt/10 have GTS a problem or rt/10 Am I consumed with my viper?I sometimes will talk rt/10 and people will complain GTS that i speak SRT/10 and I will mid sentence say something about or style GTS about vipers.I really don't see the problem RT/10.

as A WISE PERSON ON THIS BOARD ONCE STATED

If not for vipers I would of been retired ! :nana:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are all sick, we are all obsessed, most will not understand. Of course we will tell eachother it is ok, but more importantly...it is ok, nothing wrong with being passionate about something....hold on well I tell my wife to shut-up because I am busy.....well maybe some of us are a little too passionate.

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im obcessed and i dont even own one yet!! In fact i dont even have my lisence yet!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive been obsessed with vipers since i was 5. everyone that i know knowes i love vipers. for christmas i even got some viper gifts even though i dont own one!i cant wait to own one, i will when i win the lotto :p

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
obsessive? why would you think we are obsessive?

BTW - here is a pic of my suspension after i took it all apart, gave all the parts a thorough handwashing and rinse, powdercoating of some parts, and put it all back together. BTW - i like to clean like this EVERY winter.

so why would you think some of us are obsessive about our vipers? :D

7911MVC-020S-med.JPG

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
obsessive? why would you think we are obsessive?

BTW - here is a pic of my suspension after i took it all apart, gave all the parts a thorough handwashing and rinse, powdercoating of some parts, and put it all back together. BTW - i like to clean like this EVERY winter.

so why would you think some of us are obsessive about our vipers? :D

7911MVC-020S-med.JPG
geez... let me know when you get bored of that Viper or when you croak... THAT'S a used Viper I'd buy! ;)