ASD (Auto Shutdown Relay)

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the EEM (Electronic Entry Module) affect the ASD (Auto Shutdown Relay) in anyway? I'm installing the AEM EMS in my car and when I turn the ignition to the on position it trips the ASD Relay. I can unplug the AEM and plug in the stock PCM and it does not cause the relay to trip. I've checked the resistance across the ASD relay and it is less than 100 ohms, so it checks out fine. I don't think the ASD circuit wiring is bad because it works with the stock PCM. The AEM requires that the PCM remain in communication with the EEM, so they supply a wiring harness to relocate the stock PCM. You have to tap into five (5) wires going to the EEM and route them to the stock PCM. Could this have anything to do with tripping the ASD relay. AS I understand it from the diagnostics manual, the stock PCM provides a ground for the ASD relay. I find it unlikely, but is it possible that the AEM is not grounding the ASD circuit?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine acted up with the AEM unit the other day, reset it by putting my key into the glove box. Then reset my remote and everything started working fine again.