Attention 1996 Viper GTS Owners!

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Due to the fact that our VIN numbers have nothing to do with build sequence, I would like to collect data based on the last six digits of each 96 GTS VIN number. The VIN number was assigned as orders came into Dodge. The only way to try to track what sequence your viper was made is by the MDH (month/day/hour) that is located at the bottom edge of the sticker on the drivers door.

I would like to request that all 96 GTS owners contribute the last 6 digits of your VIN and the MDH as displayed on the build sticker her.

This database will be available to anyone who wants it. Should you wish not to post your information on the forum, please feel free to PM or email me at [email protected].

Thank you for your help!

Chris

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got mine. 20012 and 052013.

I had though one time about getting an unlimited carfax account for a month and pulling all the 96 GTS VIN's to see in what state they are titled, most recent mileage reported and number shown as salvage titles.

Would be interesting data, but pretty time consuming.

OP
OP
R

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Y

I had though one time about getting an unlimited carfax account for a month and pulling all the 96 GTS VIN's to see in what state they are titled, most recent mileage reported and number shown as salvage titles.

Would be interesting data, but pretty time consuming.

Yes, very time consuming since you would also have to mess with check digit (number 9 on the VIN number) for each one and try 0 - 9 until you got it. The check digit is used by Dodge and agencies to verify the authenticity of the vehicle.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, very time consuming since you would also have to mess with check digit (number 9 on the VIN number) for each one and try 0 - 9 until you got it. The check digit is used by Dodge and agencies to verify the authenticity of the vehicle.

I did not know that. I thought all 96 GTS VIN were the same with the exception of the last 4. Let me restate "time consuming" to "a lifetime project".

OppositeLock

VCA Member
Reaction score
There are multiple online tools that generate the appropriate check digit based on the remaining VIN. No need to try every possible combination.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

I know this is an old thread, but if you actually see this lol, I'll try to remember to do this over the weekend and post my info here. :)

Or I'll PM you...

Thanks!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is this 2009 Thread still active? Sure seems like a pain.

One dealer could put in all 1100+ vins in sequence and find the same data. Hire a temp for 2 days?

PS. For 1996 GTS the first 50 or so cars WERE built in sequence......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang