Attn: Gen 1 guys...exhaust question

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i recently acquired a stock gen 1 exhaust sytem & want to experiment with the sound as opposed to my current setup where the drone is getting to be too much

for those using stock exhaust systems, what sounds best?

cats/no mufflers?
or
mufflers/no cats?

i realize its all personal preference but i'd like to hear any feedback

thanks

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Tim,

See the post "Hey Rocket62 - whats the status:
Hey Rocket62

I specifically added the Moroso Spiral Flow muffler because the sound and drone was just too much with a high flow cat and the Borla muffler. Might be worth considering. Another relatively easy option might be the Dynatech Vortex Cone Inserts - although I have no first hand experience with them.

Good Luck!

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim, I'm running a stock gen1 system with just cats replaced with straight pipes, everything else left OEM. Sounds perfect to me.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Tim,

I can tell you this, I know someone with the 94 and and did that (remove cats straight to muffler) and the car is loud. You would do best to hear it first if you can. My car is now done with the ROe High flow side exahust and Belanger headers, the car is louder alittle at idle but not enough to be concerned with and the sound is much deeper now. At wot the car screams more than ever though. Maybe Captree one of these sundays we can compare, V10 and some others may go this sunday..............

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 95 has no cats and Bellanger headers with their mufflers and three inch exhaust. It's loud and I love it. John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang