Auto-Cross Fund Drive

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,

Here are some questions that would be very helpful:

1. What are their club rates (weekend, week day) for 2010?
2. What dates are available? Do they have a published schedule for 2010?
3. Do they have this information available to download off the internet? At what URL?
4. What additional requirements do they have for club events (e.g. insurance requirements, safety requirements, sponsorship requirements, site/facilities/cleanup requirements)?
5. Who is the designated contact (name/phone/address) to submit our application to?
6. When is payment required?
7. Hours of operation for events?
8. Where do we get the application form?
9. Anything else we should know?

Thanks! I really appreciate the help. :)

Steve

I finally got the email and sent a request to the CLS airport manager today. An old friend. I will let you know as soon as I get something going. Any idea on the amount or room or length of area needed?

BR

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got the email and sent a request to the CLS airport manager today. An old friend. I will let you know as soon as I get something going. Any idea on the amount or room or length of area needed?

BR

Brian - I'm sending you a PM.

Throw Copperheadin up the pack... in for $300.

Wow! Thanks Clint! That'll really help.

Also, I get the pleasure to announce that the Blue team is finally on the grid! Thanks a lot, Bill!

This is the last standings update for 2009. We'll continue in 2010, and wrap it up at the annual membership meeting in January, if we don't hit our target before then.

Current Standings:
The latest count has us at $3803 pledged, and $3203 banked!

And again, a HUGE THANK-YOU! to the Ronalds, Butchers, and Schmidts for dropping the green flag on this fund drive, and to the Reynolds and Woods for stepping on the throttle, and to the Retychs, Wyrschs, Mr. Shearer, and Mr. Sand for keeping us going!

Viper Red is still firmly in the lead!
Black is Fastest hanging onto second by $1!
Yellow is Fastest firmly in third.
Copperheadin up the pack snuck in there, and Bluesin is on the grid!

LET'S DO THIS!!! :D

Current Standings:

:headbang: First Place – Viper Red is Best - $1550
:2tu: Second Place – Black is Fastest - $702
:drive: Third Place – Yellow is Fastest - $701
:D Fourth Place –Copperheadin up the pack - $300
:) Fifth Place – Bluesin - $250
;) Sixth Place – Violet Never Shrinks - $200
:1up: Seventh Place – Silver Lining - $100

:dunno: Not on the Starting Grid Yet - White, Green, Sapphire, Grey/Graphite

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Steve-
I just can't stand it, being third-:omg:

By a stinky whole $1!!!!!:nono:

Sign me up for another $76! That will take YELLOW to my favorite number X3 == $777!!!:usa::headbang:

PBR

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Steve-
I just can't stand it, being third-:omg:

By a stinky whole $1!!!!!:nono:

Sign me up for another $76! That will take YELLOW to my favorite number X3 == $777!!!:usa::headbang:

PBR

I am sending $125 to put the black Vipers a bit further ahead of the blue boys.

Paul, Richard - THANK YOU! Every donation counts! And the spirit that you have demonstrated here is truly rewarding! :D

Unfortunately, one donor has asked to withdraw their pledge for personal reasons, so that gives us a current total as follows:

Current Standings:
The latest count has us at $3504 pledged, and $2828 banked!

Black is Fastest hanging onto second by $50!

Current Standings:

:headbang: First Place – Viper Red is Best - $1050
:2tu: Second Place – Black is Fastest - $827
:drive: Third Place – Yellow is Fastest - $777

Thanks to everyone supporting us in this truly extraordinary event!

Steve

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've recently received inquiries from two people about the tax-deductible status of these donations. After checking with the IRS directly, we learned that these donations are very likely not tax deductible.

Here's why: We are registered as a non-profit corporation with the State of Washington, and as a 501(c)7 non-profit corporation with the federal IRS. Donations are normally only deductible when they are made to a 501(c)3 "charitable" non-profit corporation, which we are not.

501(c)7 is the correct incorporation for us, as it was specifically designed for "social" organizations like ours.

There is a provision for non-profit corporations like ours (i.e. all 501(c)1-9) to create a separate, "charitable" fund that complies with all (c)3 requirements, and we will be looking into setting up exactly such a fund during 2010, so that we can properly receive, manage, and distribute tax-deductible donations to selected charities. But at this time, we do not have this in place, and even if we did, it very likely would not make donations for club functions and events tax-deductible.

Legal CAVEAT: I am not an accountant, attorney, or Enrolled Agent, and this is not tax or financial advice. It is strictly my own personal opinion, having spoken to the IRS. If you have questions, you should speak with a qualified agent.

If you have made a donation, and find this to be unacceptable, please PM me.

Thanks,
Steve

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WE'VE GOT DATES!

Mark your calendars - I've reserved the following dates at Port of Shelton, Sanderson Field:
5/22
6/5
7/10
8/7

We're in the process of ironing out the final paperwork for the track, insurance, and other items. We're still trying to see what we can get for free, and not have to buy, but we're getting pretty darn close to being able to buy what we need. More updates will come at the general membership meeting on 2/20/2010.

Current Standings:
The latest count has us at $3504 pledged, and $3428 banked!

Black is Fastest hanging onto second by $50!

Current Standings:

:headbang: First Place – Viper Red is Best - $1050
:2tu: Second Place – Black is Fastest - $827
:drive: Third Place – Yellow is Fastest - $777

Thanks to everyone supporting us in this truly extraordinary event!

Steve

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post is just to officially close out the Fund Drive, which ended in February.

The Viper Red is Best team won, and will enjoy a special reward at our first auto-cross on 5/22!

Yes, the events are on! All four dates are now locked in, contracts are signed, insurance is procured, the course is drawn, and cones have arrived!

All those who donated will receive free entry into their first auto-cross event. Details have been posted on a separate thread.

And, just because the official fund raising competition is over, doesn't mean that we aren't still open for donations. In fact, I want to recognize the Black is Fastest team for delivering another donation today! Keep those cards and gifts coming - they won't be wasted!

And a special recognition for own regional President, Bill, who wrote (and donated) a computer program to interface with National's timing gear for registration and operations of the actual event. I even heard a rumor that it might be available to other regions as well.

To everyone helping make this happen, THANK-YOU!!!

And please follow our progress on the new thread "2010 Auto-Cross Series".

Steve

Attachments

• Cones.jpg
    Cones.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1