AutoCross September 13th.

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New England Viper Club
Autocross Event Sept. 13th
Fort Devens Ayer MA

Hi Everyone. We are getting ready for a great season of Viper events. The first performance event we have planned for the club is an autocross event in Ayer, MA. I would like to say a few words about this event for the new members or people who have thought about going and have not had a chance to attend. This is relatively a safe autocross event with plenty of open space. The course runs on an old air force base, and we use the old runways to run the autocross event. This is a 1.5 mile course designed to challenge you and your car. Cones are set up in a pattern, and the objective is to drive around the cones at speed, stay on course, and do it as fast as possible. There will be a Viper instructor, his name is Paul Lussier. Paul is a great guy and will show you how to get better every time. The course will be set up by a Viper owner, so that we in our Vipers can maneuver around this course. The event is run by the NESHOC and they will keep track and provide all the electronic times for the event. You can also check out a video from YouTube www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNh6B8Tf0s Come out and enjoy this event with us.
The cost of the event is $55.00 and you can register online at www.neshoc.com click onto upcoming events-2008, and then click onto Sept. 13th autocross event and fill out the form. Don’t wait until last minute this event will sell out. Also this is a list of requirements needed for tech inspections.
1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Make sure the battery is securely fastened.
2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Check/ top off brake fluid, engine oil, and coolant.
3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Check for loose wheel bearings/suspension parts.
4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Check hoses, belts, and excessive fluid leaks.
5.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Throttle linkage must move freely.
6.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Check tire pressure (typical pressure Fronts 35-40, rear 32-36.)
7.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Remove floor mats, and all loose objects from car.
8.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Tires to have 2/32” tread.
9.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Check seat belts are securely fastened and not fraying.
10.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] Snell helmet 2000 or better.
At the Event
7:00 Gates open
7:30-8:30 Tech inspection
8:45 Drivers Metting
9:00 Walk the course
9:30 First car off

You will be outside all day so dress for the weather (sun block, rain gear, chapstick, drinking water, etc.) We will break for lunch with a few restaurants in town. Me personally, it’s better to bring your lunch, being time will be limited.
This event is a lot of fun, and you will have 4 runs in the morning and have 4 qualifying times in the afternoon. You will also have to work the course when not driving the course, very easy work detail, man certain stations throughout the course. You will need to stay until last car has gone out.
Directions to Devens:
From Rt. I-495 take Exit 30 (RT.2A/100). At the end of the exit take 2A towards Ayer. Follow 2A through the rotary (you have to go about ½ way around the rotary to pick up 2A again.) Approx. 2 miles after the rotary you’ll enter Ayer Center. FOLLOW SPEED LIMIT. Continue to follow Rt 2A by taking right across from Mobil station. After traveling approx. ½ mile and take a left onto Bishop Rd. follow the road for about ½ mile and take a right at fork.
If you have any questions pertaining to this event, don’t hesitate to send me an email at [email protected] . I will also meet up with anyone who is interested in going, as it is a little confusing finding the base first time around. So come out and you will see why you bought your car under a nice safe environment.
Performance Director
Rick Desrosiers
:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay guys who's coming. Sept. 13th is just around the corner. We always have a blast there. It is very safe area to run in. Their is an instructor there. I think Rod is also coming.
RICK

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay guys who's coming. Sept. 13th is just around the corner. We always have a blast there. It is very safe area to run in. Their is an instructor there. I think Rod is also coming.
RICK

Rick,
I'm going to try and make it . . . but if you laugh when I spin out doing 35 mph, I swear I WILL LEAVE after the first run!!!

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mike
Nobody laughs, track is a mile and half long. We all make mistakes like miss cones, not make a turn into the gate etc. Trust me if you go, I'll be surprise if you don't enjoy it. Plus you get to start off as a novice.
RICK

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Today Sept 6th there is only 5 openings left for autocross. If interested I would sign up today. It will sell out.
RICK