AutOffice Viper office chairs for sale to benefit Melling Racing

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For Sale: Dodge Viper AutOffice Chairs made by Johnson Controls

Price: $1595 (includes s/h within USA)

Description: These are the original unique chairs/seats made by Johnson Controls. Our racing team, Melling Racing (#92 Dodge on the NASCAR Winston Cup Series circuit) has the final 35 chairs in existance. ALL proceeds from the sale of these chairs benefit Melling Racing and driver Stacy Compton. Get yours now....they won't last long.

Payment: Check or money order, payable to "Viper Chair"

Melling Racing
P.O. Box 1188
Jackson, MI 49204
800-777-8172 (x106)
email: [email protected]

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found a couple of these chairs brand new. They will be delivered to me in a couple of weeks. I'm only keeping one chair, the other will go to the best offer from this board by March 31. If interested, shoot me an e-mail with your offer. If there's no interest it's headed to Ebay on the first of April. I also have an extra set of GenIII Viper seats also brand new. :usa:

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shelby3- I've never seen these chairs. Can you please put up a photo or refer me to a site that has a picture? Thanks, Bob

OP
OP
J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shelby 3,

Just noticed the Tiger in your Avatar (assuming you would not own an Alpine :) ) Looks very nice. My Tiger has been waiting patiently for me to quit working on the shop and start restoring her! Gotta have a place to work on it. Will you be at the tech Seminar next weekend?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, Yeah it's a Tiger. I belong to the North Texas Tiger Club and am not aware of the tech seminar you are referring to. I actually have people that like my Tiger over the GTS, I'm not one of them though. Get to work on yours, they are a bunch of fun to drive especially if you spray em.

Bob, I don't have a picture of the chairs as of now but will post one when they arrive.

:usa:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if these have the Viper logo on the top front or not, but here is the Johnson Controls Viper office chair I had (and loved):

You must be registered for see images

Now if they had the Gen III as an office chair... Heck, I might even buy a used seat and convert it myself! :laugh:

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Looking and probably very comfortable (& inspiring). Thanks for the photo Y2K3SRT. Now to convince the rest of the family. How did you let it go? Bob

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out Ebay item # 2471024580. If these don't sell, they will be made into office chairs. :2tu: :usa: