autoform front splitter

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello,
i was wondering how anybody happened to like this product? do you have to do any modification to the front facia? any pictures with one on the car would be great.:dunno:

Last edited:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the Autoform GTS/RS wing and front splitter . There is no reduction in clearance from stock. The bottom lip of the fascia is still the lowest point of the front end. It appears lower only because it sticks out further. Our driveway is on quite a slope, with a big curb to go over at the bottom. I was worried about the splitter clearing it, but reality is I don't need any more angle with this car than the other stock front end one.

As for wing functionality...no one, but serious track rats on a big track will ever really realize much..if any...function out of a rear wing while running around on the street. That probably eliminates most winged Vipers from seeing usable function, including this one.

Steve

IMG_2202.JPG

813IMG_2105.JPG

Sir Hiss RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NO modification needed. You do need to use some adhesive to the front of the fascia as the tabs that mount the splitter still allow some play

OP
OP
W

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the pictures and responses. that yellow viper looks awsome!! do you catch alot of road rash with it scraping at all?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah... I love that wing. And I love those that compare a Viper wing to a ricer wing. Sooooooo, an $1800 Autoform wing and a $29.95 Auto Zone wing should be discussed together? Not on my version of this planet. Sorry to those that think wings ****, but I want one!

And on that splitter... One thing people fail to point out - no, it is no lower than the stock front nose, but when it sticks out farther, that means you have to go further into the slope before the front tires engage the slope and start to raise the car.

So yes, it makes perfectly good sense to me that it does increase the chance of scraping when aproaching a slope.

Do I have a front splitter plan? One that is sturdy, looks good and can't fly off? My mind is planning furiously...

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the pictures and responses. that yellow viper looks awsome!! do you catch alot of road rash with it scraping at all?

Thanks. We were fortunate to have been able to be in the right place at the right time a couple years ago........the Woodward Dream Cruise. It's 1 of 51 and one of a kind. Here's a completely unplanned little clip taken by our son a couple days after we got it . The Beast The tune fits well as my wife is a retired teacher and she is basically responsible for us getting the car ......as we had zero intention of buying a car when we went down for the cruise. :)

I have yet to hit the bottom in the 3,000 miles we've driven it.

Steve,

Great looking rig!

Thanks Dan.

Yeah... I love that wing. And I love those that compare a Viper wing to a ricer wing. Sooooooo, an $1800 Autoform wing and a $29.95 Auto Zone wing should be discussed together? Not on my version of this planet. Sorry to those that think wings ****, but I want one!

And on that splitter... One thing people fail to point out - no, it is no lower than the stock front nose, but when it sticks out farther, that means you have to go further into the slope before the front tires engage the slope and start to raise the car.

So yes, it makes perfectly good sense to me that it does increase the chance of scraping when aproaching a slope.

True enough, the fact that it sticks out about 3" further than stock would make it more susceptible to grades. However, our driveway is pretty steep and I need drive no different with this one than the other. The driveway is steep enough that all our vehicles but the truck need to come in and out on an angle....especially with the curb at the bottom. We have to come in almost parallel in order not to scrape the bottom. Somewhere that 3" will make a difference, but I haven't found it yet. I probably wouldn't chance the stock car either on a grade that the splitter would likely hit on. The damage is done by the time you find out if it will clear.

Steve

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine for 2 years. Broke it twice. Once I drove over an exposed manhole...:mad:
It protrudes further, so any steep changes from road to driway are bad news. I had to drive in reverse out of my driveway.

Good looking spoiler though. I:2tu: went with it because I did not have the $$$ to buy Autoform Le Mans Facia.

Here's some pictures:

DSCN3594.JPG

6435GS1C03921.jpg

2402101-0107_IMG1.jpg

OP
OP
W

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the pics lauri. after reading your points about the splitter i don't know if i could get in and out of my driveway since its fairly steep.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21