Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
03hardtop.jpg

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Consumer options? How 'bout tinted plexi on that side piece.... for visibility?

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay....
.........Thanks for the pix....that is my SRT(#121) Autoform is using for the h-top....they have had it since X-Mas, looks like the wait is well worth it....with all the snow it would have been just sitting anyway....really like the look....

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the price? Anyone else have a hard top out yet?

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A hardtop is going to be the first thing I get for my '04. Maybe I can get the hardtop installed by Woodhouse and delivered with the SRT 10 at the same time.
Dave

luv2race2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep it coming!! If we can't get the street coupe for a few years...we can have the best of both worlds.

I'd love to see what price range there thinking for it?

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this then make it okay to go on the track with the SRT? I had an Autoform hard top on my RT/10 (awesome looking!) but I really doubt it would have done anything to help in a crash at the track. I have asked a few times if anyone knows if the current "bars" on the SRT are roll bars - anyone know? If not, what purpose do they serve?.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
IMHO the top design is a bit busy. Need to tone it down and smooth it out. Lose the scoop too. Double bubble does not work on the SRT.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car has decals on it that specifically state that the hoops are NOT rollbars. As to the scoop design on the roof, I don't care for it either. Maybe if it appeared only on the front, but that "dead worm" look laying across the middle and INTO the rear window just doesn't do anything for me. If it is somehow functional, keep it but get rid of the **** down the middle. If it is nonfunctional, lose it entirely and sell it separately as a bolt on option. Just my opinion...

Chris

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hoops behind the seats do have some structure and I believe that they are not called "roll bars" is probably due more to liability towards DC incase something does happen! If the scoop is functional in a manner (even to direct air to keep rear window clean in rain) keep it if not make it an option! also the lines someone said are busy i dont think they are done with design that is a pict. of mock up i think. also the scoop behind the windows "quarter window" if this is not funtional and only a aerodynamic drag loose it

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it also has something to do with the way they are attached. Approved roll-bars must have 2 or 3 point connection to the frame for some tracks. I'm not 100% on this but I think this was what I was told a while back.

Polka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I have taken the "roll bars" off I know for a fact that there is only one point on each side of the bar as mounting points. I don't think that they have anything to do with the structure of the car.
Here's a picture of the "roll bar" off of the vehicle. Sorry that the car looks dirty, but that's how it was delivered. This picture was taken about 2 hours after delivery.
You must be registered for see images

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the picture "Polka guy" :eek: , can I ask why you took the bar off? If my new SRT is delivered as dirty as yours was I will be quite pissed! Why would you accept that? :confused:

Polka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aspviper-I have the roll bar off because I am developing a stainless steel version. Hopefully my prototype will be complete in a couple of weeks.
As far as accepting the car dirty, we really didn't have any other choice. I know that three days before the delivery, the car was spotless at the dealership. This was a new driver, and he did a pretty poor job overall. He changed the delivery time by one day (only a three hour drive to from the dealership), and I had to wake him up the next day when the car was should have allready been here. At least now the car is spotless just waiting for some new accessories.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polka enthusiast - will you post a picture when you get the bars on? Would like to see it.