Awesome MotorTrend Classic Viper Article

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was cruising through Costco today and came across Motor Trend Classic magazine. Never heard of it before, but it had the three Concept Vipers on the cover and a great multi-page (11 color page) article inside along with an additional full two page spread on the new Viper ACRX.

Was the first Motor Trend I did not throw away in disgust, after thumbing through. Seems to be a greatest hits kind of thing. Says it is on display until 06/01/2010. Honestly, it had some never before seen pictures of some of the concept cars (for me anyway) and an original early, early concept drawing I had not seen before with Cobra labels on it.

$15, but was very worth it for the Viper collector. Wasn't in my grocery store, but you can maybe pick it up at Classic Car Features, Road Test, Shows & Events - Motor Trend Magazine

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Received mine in the mail today. Absolutely the best mag I have read in years. Every article first class!!

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was it the spring 2010 issue? I was going to order it a few weeks ago but I wanted to be sure it was the viper issue.

R993

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw and bought the magazine this weekend at a drug store of all places. Motor Trend did a great job. The Shelby Cobra article was cool and they did the Vipers justice.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked it up also at my BX here in Korea... I want a Viper Cup poster or something after seeing the two page spread.

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great magazine, gave the viper plenty of space, all pictures super quality....Not to mention all the other cars...:shocked:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked my copy up on Friday at Fry's Electronics for $10.99. That was a nice discount off of the cover price of $14.99. Really cool to flip open to see a 2 page add for the Viper ACR-X. All of the articles are top notch. Loved the articles on the Viper, Jag XKSS, Cobra and Leno's Garage Mahal.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up 2 copies at Fry's this morning! I loved the viper articles but I wish there were some full page pictures.

1BADBITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This should 'wet' your appetite.....wonderful publication..I have all the past issues

[media]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/motor_trend1.JPG[/media]

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to find it at the bookstores here-didn't have it, only the regular magazine, so, I searched here and found the thread, and ordered it online. I'm looking forward to the read.:2tu:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine at Barnes and Noble... It wasn't on the rack but the guy found a stack in the back room.

wolowski

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS Coupe concept had blocked off side exhaust caps.

well, it did in 1993. the original concept also didn't have door handles, and had "chrysler design" or something to that effect where the handles are on production ones.

from what i can tell from various pictures i've collected, either the side exhaust pipes were removed and replaced with production sills, or they made a second prototype without door handles, and with the same type of extended lower grill that was on the original concept.

compare these two pictures:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great mag., great article. Took some looking to find a copy, but well worth it.
re: side sills; doubt they built two concept coupes. Budget/development dollars would not have been there, one-off body on that one as well. Have not seen anything else about there being more than one. IMO, they likely just swaped the sills as production pieces were available(?) as both cars have rear exit exhaust.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456