Baby for sale

Leaf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The time has come that I need to let my beloved car go. If anyone onboard knows of a friend, coworker, or if you are looking for a fine example of a Gen I car, here is your opportunity.

It's breaking my heart, but I have listed her on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...439874&rd=1,1

The housing market and a forced transfer has put me in a horrible position (thank you Uncle Sam) and I can't take her with me.

Please help me put her in a good home!

(From Ebay ad)

I purchased this car in January 2002 from a collector in Yorktown, VA; it had 1,500 miles on the odometer. The car has been stored, covered, in a heated garage since assembled. It has never been driven in the rain, nor foul weather. The exterior has been meticulously waxed and polished using only the finest products available.

I purchased '97 GTS rims ($5,000), and added a custom stereo system ($6,000) to enjoy while cruising the Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Monica up to Santa Barbara on the weekends. The pictures attached speak for themselves, this vehicle is beautiful. The stereo includes an Extant chrome amplifier, a MB Quart component set, a JL sub, and a Sony Xplode CD player. A set of Team tech 5 point harnesses have been added to set off the interior. The amp has a beauty bar to protect it's finish from items you place in the trunk(pictured).

I have also installed an alarm system (with motion detector) and door poppers to open the doors remotely.

The soft top and windows are in excellent condition and were only used with bathing this beauty.

The headgasket has been replaced (a documented problem from the factory for Gen I cars and a $2,400 repair) by West Coast Vipers-a leading expert in Vipers. A fresh battery was installed and a Mobile One oil change was completed last month. I have all documents relating to maintenance.

This car has never been raced, abused, or damaged in any manner. It was my full intention to hand this collectable down to my son, but current circumstances have compelled me to let her go.

At the end of the auction, I will require a $500 holding deposit, via PayPal. Full payment will be required within 10 days after closing of the auction. If you require longer to arrange financing or to transfer funds, please email me and let me know your intentions.

I have the title in hand.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ad says it has ABS!? Something we should know about? If it doesn't have A/C, that will affect the value as well. I think what you are asking is high though. You can find low mileage Gen2's for mid 40's. I know, I just bought one. You have a beautiful car don't get me wrong, but in my mind, mid 30's is more realistic.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ad says it has ABS!? Something we should know about? If it doesn't have A/C, that will affect the value as well. I think what you are asking is high though. You can find low mileage Gen2's for mid 40's. I know, I just bought one. You have a beautiful car don't get me wrong, but in my mind, mid 30's is more realistic.

Everyone has an opinion, just like everyone has something else......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21