Back to the Track, Courtesy of PartsRack (pic)

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I posted previously, two weeks ago last Sunday, my car was damaged as I was buzzing around Virginia International Raceway. As I drove back to the pits dripping radiator and steering fluid, I figured that my next track event was a lost cause given that it was only two weeks away. By Wednesday I had a detailed parts list in hand and asked the shop about the likihood of making my next track event in a mere week and a half. The answer was: “We’ll do our best, but it’s really going to depend on whether or not we can get all the parts here by no later than early next week, which isn't too likely.” I smiled. I at least had a chance. I flipped open my cell phone and called JonB at PartsRack.

Jon immediately went into high gear and took a personal interest in seeing to it that I would indeed make my next track event AND all at a major savings to me, even after deducting for overnight or two-day shipping where necessary. At one point I called Jon to add something to the list only to find that he was on the other line looking for a used radiator for me to save me some money and, more importantly, some precious time. He sent parts from his place in Washington if we had enough time, or found them elsewhere if we didn’t. He called Chuck Tator, who actually held the UPS guy while he unwrapped a newly-arrived headlight and then slapped a shipping label on it to get to my body shop by the next day (thanks Chuck!). Everything was there on time and the shop delivered to me a perfect Viper early Friday afternoon. YEA!

The folks at VIR were floored to see me back so soon and looking so good, given that just two weekends prior, they had all offered condolences and watched as I flat bedded my car away. “How the hell did you get all the parts so fast?” someone asked. :smirk:

The big smile behind the helmet of the driver in the picture below was brought to you in large part by PartsRack. :2tu: Thanks Jon!

7177VPR_VIR-med.jpg

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the fast fix, and being able to get your fix, fast!

JonB will search and find you parts - leaving no stone unturned - and trying to be cost effective at the same time.

This is the one exception to the old saying:

Good, Fast, Cheap
Pick 2.

With Jon, you can have all 3!

And further congrats to your shop, for doing the necessary repairs and getting you back out there.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks sweet!! Is your car lowered at all? What size are those rims?? Thanks
Ricky

OP
OP
V

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks sweet!! Is your car lowered at all? What size are those rims??
Thanks! Nope, not lowered at all (and the Motons fund went for the repairs, so it's not getting lowered anytime soon either, rats). Rims are 18" competition Forgelines. Sign up for Viper Days (this year or last) and you get $400 off a set, plus whatever else JonB will give you. Tires are Michelin Sport Cups. They're great!

Thanks again for helping us out Chuck. I look forward to meeting you someday.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you happen to have any pictures of the car while its not moving? Thanks

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As I posted previously, two weeks ago last Sunday, my car was damaged as I was buzzing around Virginia International Raceway...... The folks at VIR were floored to see me back so soon and looking so good, given that just two weekends prior, they had all offered condolences and watched as I flat bedded my car away. “How the hell did you get all the parts so fast?” someone asked......The big smile behind the helmet of the driver in the picture below was brought to you in large part by PartsRack. Thanks Jon!

7177VPR_VIR-med.jpg

Russ, I just could not deal with the image you MIGHT have posted instead.....you in a MAZDA at the pre-paid event. This was a prime example of VCA Vendors working together to get you back on track.... THANKS for the kind words in making this post....