Back-up lights and A/C problem

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I went out to the garage to get the car ready for the summer - 2003 SRT-10 bone stock, no mods. Take the car out and check all of the pressure in the tires, make sure everything is running correctly - the reverse lights are not lighting up when backing up. Furthermore, if the air conditioner is on while you are driving, it is fine, no problems or anything. Yet, should I need to back up, as soon as the transmission is put in reverse the a/c fan shuts off and the a/c shuts down completely. The only way to turn it back on is shutting the car off and putting it in any gear other than reverse. So when the car gets put into reverse, we have no back up lights and no air conditioner. Does anyone know how this may be remedied or if this has happened to someone else. How might I be able to attack repairing the back-up lights and/or the problem with the air conditioner on my own. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction and I really would appreciate the feedback.

John

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi John
I just went to have my car inspected this week and wouldn't pass because the rear tail lights didn't work. I called Cuck Tator, and he said it is a common problem on SRT-10. Part #04626593 relatively cheap too. $ 30.00. RICK

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi John
I just went to have my car inspected this week and wouldn't pass because the rear tail lights didn't work. I called Cuck Tator, and he said it is a common problem on SRT-10. Part #04626593 relatively cheap too. $ 30.00. RICK
Hi Rick,

Did you get your problem fixed with your rear light problem?