Battery Tender Help

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well guys i ordered the Battery Tender Plus and it did not come with directions... Do i just hook up the pig tails to the battery terminals and thats it? Do I have to disconnect the battery from the car to charge and maintain the battery? How long can i leave the battery tender plus connected to the car and plugg'd in?

Thanks

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do not un-hook the batt------- just remove the 10mm nuts to the cable end and connect them at that point- leave it plugged for however long u like- will not overcharge---

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You did not say what year your car was so...if you have a Gen. I or II use the clamps and connect the battery tender to the positive terminals under the hood using the clamps. If you have a Gen. III or IV the use the pig tail connection and hook up directly to the battery as mentioned in the second post of this thread. I have two of these very same tenders, you can leave them hooked up for as long as you like. Mine generally run from October to march.
Well guys i ordered the Battery Tender Plus and it did not come with directions... Do i just hook up the pig tails to the battery terminals and thats it? Do I have to disconnect the battery from the car to charge and maintain the battery? How long can i leave the battery tender plus connected to the car and plugg'd in?

Thanks

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replys. I have a 04' Mamba...
I will connect the pig tails to the battery and leave the battery connected to the car. I just wanted to make sure leaving the battery connected to the car while charging was ok... :2tu: