Battle of the Supercars

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't miss the broadcast of this week's episode of SPEED's "Battle of the Supercars". The episode is titled "The Ultimate American Supercar" and SPEED's promo reads, "Paul pits the reigning king of the road, the Dodge Viper SRT 10, against Tanner’s Corvette ZR1 for the new title of Ultimate American Supercar." [That would be Paul Tracy from Indy Series racing and Tanner Faust from Formula Drift]

Check listings with your provider for the day and time. SPEED reports the episode will be aired several times during the week; my provider, Dish Network, first airs it at 7:00 pm on Thursday, 8/5. Go VIPER!

You must be registered for see images attach

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't miss the broadcast of this week's episode of SPEED's "Battle of the Supercars". The episode is titled "The Ultimate American Supercar" and SPEED's promo reads, "Paul pits the reigning king of the road, the Dodge Viper SRT 10, against Tanner’s Corvette ZR1 for the new title of Ultimate American Supercar." [That would be Paul Tracy from Indy Series racing and Tanner Faust from Formula Drift]

Check listings with your provider for the day and time. SPEED reports the episode will be aired several times during the week; my provider, Dish Network, first airs it at 7:00 pm on Thursday, 8/5. Go VIPER!

You must be registered for see images attach

I will definitely be watching.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how it turns out, but amazing how they take the top of the line Vette and pit it against the standard SRT10 . You would have thought it would have been ACR against ZR1, but then the fact that Chris Winkler went 3 seconds faster at Laguna Seca than the latest run by a ZR1 might have drawn this conclusion. Hmmm..............I sound a bit biased, but then, I am!!

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just set my DVR. Thanks. The guide did mention other cars instead of the Viper. It had 2 1/2 hour episodes one after the other.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have DISH down in Texas ... had already seen the ads and intended to record it on the DVR. Just tried for Thursday at 7, but it's not there. Also tried looking on the web, but everyone is just talking about it ... no real details except on VCA.

Anybody know what other times to check on DISH?

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In The Preview I Caught A Glimpse Of The Viper In Front Of The Vett..;)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread. Seems that it's on in 25 minutes. I'll watch it.

Ted

OP
OP
Dale.Volz

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have DISH down in Texas ... had already seen the ads and intended to record it on the DVR. Just tried for Thursday at 7, but it's not there. Also tried looking on the web, but everyone is just talking about it ... no real details except on VCA.

Anybody know what other times to check on DISH?

The schedule Dish Network is showing on its website and the info it provides in the online guide is and has been wrong. (click here to view its bogus schedule)

SPEED (click here for schedule) reports the show will be aired on Thursday 8/5 at 10:00 pm EDT and repeated Friday 8/6 at 1:00 am EDT, 9:00 am EDT, Monday 8/9 at 10:30 pm EDT, yadda, yadda . . .

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Then there was a comment about "the power of that V10".

First two were OK. GTR- Porsche and then modified Porsche vs Ferrari 430 modified.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More coverage of the cars and less coverage of the nuts driving them. I could really care less about their goofy antics. Distracts from the show in my opinion.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy that you guys brought this series to my attention. Seems I didn't have SPEED channel on my subscription. What worries me though, is not the extra $3.00 per month it cost to add this channel, which I just did 5 minutes ago, but rather, how many hours of my life is now going to be spent watching this channel in the future. I don't know whether to be excited or scared.....

Gotta go check out my NEW channel.

Last edited:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy that you guys brought this series to my attention. Seems I didn't have SPEED channel on my subscription. What worries me though, is not the extra $3.00 per month it cost to add this channel, which I just did 5 minutes ago, but rather, how many hours of my life is now going to be spent watching this channel in the future. I don't know whether to be excited or scared.....

Gotta go check out my NEW channel.

I resisted the urge for two years but finally broke down. What makes it worse, or better depending on your perspective, is I get Speed in HD. I DVR almost everything on Speed now. Took me two weeks to make it through all the 24 Hours Of Le Mans coverage.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I resisted the urge for two years but finally broke down. What makes it worse, or better depending on your perspective, is I get Speed in HD. I DVR almost everything on Speed now. Took me two weeks to make it through all the 24 Hours Of Le Mans coverage.

Lol
Here I am watching PINKS - All out, and watched it last night too. And in 1 hour is the Battle of the Supercars!

God help me.:D

OP
OP
Dale.Volz

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...I didn't have SPEED channel on my subscription. What worries me though, is ...how many hours of my life is now going to be spent watching this channel in the future...

Beware, it can be addicting. American LeMans, Rolex Grand Am, GP2, F1, Classic Cars, Barrett-Jackson . . . The list goes on and on. My wife is trying to find a 10-step program for me and a support group for herself. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper