Been there done that Corvette guys...

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the rude members here don't even belong on Viper Alley. I never said for anyone to "worship" Corvettes. In fact, I don't think any brand is worthy of worshiping. I guess I just get tired of Viper guys living up to the stereotype of being elitist snobs. That is all that I heard about before buying a Viper, and sadly some vocal members on the Viper Club of America illustrate the negative stereotype perfectly. Don't worry, I'm a Viper owner that is out here trying to remain positive and friendly with others, as several others here also do.

Too bad the car snobs bring the whole group down sometimes.

You're really the only one sounding like a snob here. You won't even tell us where this magical line is between joking and being elitist. There's no one here that have made a funny comment about the vette that I would call elitist. There are however, some people holier than thou that sure are.

Let's put this in perspective here... When you think your car is better than their car, you are an enthusiast. When you think you are a better person, you are a snob.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're really the only one sounding like a snob here. You won't even tell us where this magical line is between joking and being elitist. There's no one here that have made a funny comment about the vette that I would call elitist. There are however, some people holier than thou that sure are.

Let's put this in perspective here... When you think your car is better than their car, you are an enthusiast. When you think you are a better person, you are a snob.

Maybe Nineball should have been more clear then. There ARE a bunch of snobs in this board, period. Thanks for clarifying it further. Enthusiasts don't think they are better people because of the car they own - those are still snobs. :dunno:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the rude members here don't even belong on Viper Alley. I never said for anyone to "worship" Corvettes. In fact, I don't think any brand is worthy of worshiping. I guess I just get tired of Viper guys living up to the stereotype of being elitist snobs. That is all that I heard about before buying a Viper, and sadly some vocal members on the Viper Club of America illustrate the negative stereotype perfectly. Don't worry, I'm a Viper owner that is out here trying to remain positive and friendly with others, as several others here also do.

Too bad the car snobs bring the whole group down sometimes. I'm sure it is a huge turn-off to potential members visiting here for the first time.

And you nailed it in the head. When people are interested in a Viper and they log in and see some of the discussions that go on, it can certainly be a turn off. If it weren't for "some" great Viper owners and TRUE enthusiasts in the area, and I would have been solely looking at Vipers based on the information I found on the board, I would have certainly turned the other way. Unfortunately a lot of the stereotypes of Viper owners hold true when you visit some of the discussions on this board. Oh well, I found the same at Porsche boards when I had my 911. Some people get it and some people don't.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you nailed it in the head. When people are interested in a Viper and they log in and see some of the discussions that go on, it can certainly be a turn off. If it weren't for "some" great Viper owners and TRUE enthusiasts in the area, and I would have been solely looking at Vipers based on the information I found on the board, I would have certainly turned the other way. Unfortunately a lot of the stereotypes of Viper owners hold true when you visit some of the discussions on this board. Oh well, I found the same at Porsche boards when I had my 911. Some people get it and some people don't.

I didn't realize that humor had to be canned so sensitive people won't be offended. If someone reads a humorous post and thinks that confirms their pre-conceived notion of a Viper owner, then I say that confirms my pre-conceived notion of a whining idiot that would probably kill himself and a whole lot of people in a Viper. Good riddance!

As club members, we are ambassadors, not neutered gimps. While there are idiots on ALL forums, there was nothing in this thread that was "anti-Corvette". I didn't read one post where someone called it a POS, or demand it be tarred and feathered. Give me one example in this thread? Just seem to me that on top of the occasional idiot, there is the occasional apologist-snob-elitist that seems to think their threshold of humor is what stands wherever they go and they can preach at will.

When asked, non of these whiners will tell you what was offensive... they just wanted to jump ahead and claim their halo. :rollover:

A NORMAL person wanting to know more about Vipers will read a handful of threads and will make their own judgements as to what's what. Here's a nice, warm and fuzzy thread you might like better. There's plenty of those here too, you know? You think some people here will read that thread and think "awww... Viper owners arent so bad?" No... people will think what they want. Just like you.
http://forums.viperclub.org/driven/627533-happy-birthday-corvette.html

That said, this thread really should have been in "Driven" to begin with.

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, all I was trying to do was show everyone a news article...everyone get your life back and go drive whatever car you love right now and get off the computer. This is too intense. I am taking my ACR out right and going stoplight hunting...

Spdrcrj25

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same can be said for some members of corvetteforum.com. Guess not everyone can get along all the time. BTW...CCBrian....congrats on the ACR. Hoping to get one myself fall '10 after I sign my civilian job contract.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, all I was trying to do was show everyone a news article...everyone get your life back and go drive whatever car you love right now and get off the computer. This is too intense. I am taking my ACR out right and going stoplight hunting...

Stick it in the right area next time. :smirk:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same can be said for some members of corvetteforum.com. Guess not everyone can get along all the time. BTW...CCBrian....congrats on the ACR. Hoping to get one myself fall '10 after I sign my civilian job contract.

ABSOLUTELY. Every forum has its snobs - no argument there.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My comments were not directed at this specific thread. They were directed towards this site as a whole. Some of you were bickering up there about anti-Corvette stuff and making fun of mothers. Immature BS that doesn't really belong on a club site. I guess the anti-anycarthatisntaviper stuff just gets old sometimes. It is okay to love your Viper, I love mine. I don't have to go around bashing other cars to enjoy my Viper, nor do I enjoy watching the childish nonsense take place within a club that I pay to be a member of.

If you want "examples", use the search button and put "Corvette" in there. You'll find several examples of immature arguments that solidify the negative stereotypes I've mentioned above. Some of us don't have to bash other brands or owners to feel good about ourselves.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the post just to bash Corvettes? I thought most of us who own bad ass american cars would stick together a bit more. Both the ZR1 and Viper articles were sweet. Just glad to see these kind of american cars are still being made......for now.

You're new here, get used to the Vette bashing. It's a major past time on this site. I'm sure a shrink would have a field day with the traits and complexes exhibited. The ironic thing is probably 60-70% of us owned Vettes at one time or another . . . yeah we were dopes back then but now we're all awesome!:lmao:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're new here, get used to the Vette bashing. It's a major past time on this site. I'm sure a shrink would have a field day with the traits and complexes exhibited. The ironic thing is probably 60-70% of us owned Vettes at one time or another . . . yeah we were dopes back then but now we're all awesome!:lmao:

hahaha... just when things were settling down to try to stir it back up:rolaugh::nono:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My comments were not directed at this specific thread. They were directed towards this site as a whole. Some of you were bickering up there about anti-Corvette stuff and making fun of mothers. Immature BS that doesn't really belong on a club site. I guess the anti-anycarthatisntaviper stuff just gets old sometimes. It is okay to love your Viper, I love mine. I don't have to go around bashing other cars to enjoy my Viper, nor do I enjoy watching the childish nonsense take place within a club that I pay to be a member of.

If you want "examples", use the search button and put "Corvette" in there. You'll find several examples of immature arguments that solidify the negative stereotypes I've mentioned above. Some of us don't have to bash other brands or owners to feel good about ourselves.
Making fun of mothers (especially insinuating sex with) is NOT cool. Making fun of other cars but still respecting it's capabilities... it's what EVERYBODY does. It's the official past time online for guys. I don't think the club's mission statement includes being "above it all". Have fun for crying out loud... quit taking all of this so seriously. Go to any other site and look up "Viper" if you want to read some jealous venom. Do I care what they say? No.

I love my Gen2, but the term "Clown Shoe" still cracks me up. :rolaugh:

shoes.jpg

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Making fun of mothers (especially insinuating sex with) is NOT cool. Making fun of other cars but still respecting it's capabilities... it's what EVERYBODY does. It's the official past time online for guys. I don't think the club's mission statement includes being "above it all". Have fun for crying out loud... quit taking all of this so seriously. Go to any other site and look up "Viper" if you want to read some jealous venom. Do I care what they say? No.

I love my Gen2, but the term "Clown Shoe" still cracks me up. :rolaugh:

shoes.jpg

Hey, someones mother becomes open season when they say you play with naked GI Joes on a car site...or did eveyone miss that part of the post-my post was just a response to his...I apologized for my comments but still waiting on his...

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, someones mother becomes open season when they say you play with naked GI Joes on a car site...or did eveyone miss that part of the post-my post was just a response to his...I apologized for my comments but still waiting on his...

but... you LIKE nekkid GI Joes :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

I get what you're saying, but you're a grown man... mom's should be off limits. You were big enough to apologize and have earned free beer from me anytime you come to northern california. :2tu:

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but... you LIKE nekkid GI Joes :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

I get what you're saying, but you're a grown man... mom's should be off limits. You were big enough to apologize and have earned free beer from me anytime you come to northern california. :2tu:

I am in Northern CA...I think you are in Walnut Creek? I am in the Bay Area all the time-and a track rat at our 3 Norcal race tracks. I am in Sacramento area and will take you up on it!
Brian

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Northern CA...I think you are in Walnut Creek? I am in the Bay Area all the time-and a track rat at our 3 Norcal race tracks. I am in Sacramento area and will take you up on it!
Brian
Berzerkley here... I'll bring the beer and you let me take the CC around the track... that's fair, right? :D

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Berzerkley here... I'll bring the beer and you let me take the CC around the track... that's fair, right? :D

Sounds fair. My wife said to point out that I am not a grown man-at least not mentally. She said my maturity level is @ 16...which explains a lot of things.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahaha... just when things were settling down to try to stir it back up:rolaugh::nono:

The doctor I was seeing said it is one of my many weak charecteristics . . . . he didn't understand why I was such a trouble maker until I told him I drove a 97 GTS R/W, then he nodded and wrote a couple of things down on his pad. The next day his secretary called me and cancelled the rest of my sessions!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc