before/after pics sill restore + radiator

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been doing some jobs on the 92 Viper and one of the jobs was restoring the sills in former glory.
There where some points damaged due to extreme speedbumps and this was repaired very poorly,
so I decided to let some real good men work on them, they did an awesome job I think.

They were blasted with glasspearls, than some kind of layer which prevents future corrosion
and makes sure paint is going to stick on it. Than there is this special layer on the bottem which
gets really tough, so the speedbumps only damage the paint and not the aluminum, but it is also stretchy so it won't burst.
Than all the usual layers of paint, I chose to make it back original flat black/red and it looks great I have to say.

I will post some pictures of the worst parts (right side):
You must be registered for see images

Some real bad corrosion going on under the screws:

Piece of filler, not an good idea to use on the sills, it was cracked on all places where filler was used,
now it's back in it's original shape without filler:

Special stuff which prevents corrosion at the bottem:

New look:

other side new look:

I also mounted a "as new" radiator, they took the old sides, put a new rack in it and painted it back to black.

Old before:

like new once again:

just wanted to share, hope you like it, I certainly do.
All this together with some new exhausts, cats, filters, smoothtubes, wires, plugs, oil & filter,
differential oil & additive, PCV and some little stuff together makes it a whole new experience
once again and I just love every second of driving it!:drive:

Last edited:

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, i dropped mine off at the bodyshop so they could be repainted. they were black where the cats sit and it was really bugging me. i hope they come back as nice as yours are.

Seems we're doing a bunch of the same mods. on mine i planned some smooth tubes, new catless exhaust system, and some Wheels with new tires. I'd also like to get the valve covers redone because the paint/coating is coming off.

Here's a pic from last summer showing the cat burn on them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte