Besides the dealer: Where do you get replacement hoodpad fastners?

vicj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to pull my hood pad out and paint it but I've heard the hood pad fastners break easily. The OEM probably wants 100X what they are worth. Where do I get them at a reasonable price?

Thanks!!:usa2:

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you try Jon B at PartsRack? How about Tator's Dodge? Join the VCA for some great discounts from many vendors. There are also vendors that sell used Viper parts.

Craig

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought standard hood fasteners like the links above and i got a box of 50 for 10$ :) I bought round ones instead of the rectangular stock ones cause i thought it looked nicer.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But you won't tell us where because why? :dunno:

Because i couldnt find the website i bought them from :lol: It was over a year ago.

I think i just searched hood fasteners or hood clips and searched the website for the size i needed that matched the stock one. 1/4" round stud and i believe was 1" long.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought standard hood fasteners like the links above and i got a box of 50 for 10$ :) I bought round ones instead of the rectangular stock ones cause i thought it looked nicer.

I found the round ones at my local Ace Hardware store. I think I pad $4 for a bag full. The round ones seemed nicer and have a bit more area to grab on to if they need to be removed again.