Best Alarm Systems?

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been meaning to ask this question. Years back I walked up to a Viper (back in the only dreaming days) and the damn thing sounded off with "STAND BACK, YOUR TO CLOSE" Coming out of some bull horn under the hood, I obeyed orders! I thought that was the coolest pre-empt to a full blown trigger that I have ever seen. Anyone know who makes something like that. I want to be able to sleep at night knowing the car will say something if someone starts playing around with it in the parking lots!

Anyone use kill switches or clubs to fend off thieves either?

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been meaning to ask this question. Years back I walked up to a Viper (back in the only dreaming days) and the damn thing sounded off with "STAND BACK, YOUR TO CLOSE" Coming out of some bull horn under the hood, I obeyed orders! I thought that was the coolest pre-empt to a full blown trigger that I have ever seen. Anyone know who makes something like that. I want to be able to sleep at night knowing the car will say something if someone starts playing around with it in the parking lots!

Anyone use kill switches or clubs to fend off thieves either?
What you are refering to is the bulldog (all in 1 system) meaning that the brains and the horn are all together as 1 unit. Its a simple 1 wire hook up you mount the horn and it grounds itself, you hook up the red wire to the battery and your done. Very cheasy but a good money maker, 69 bucks at wallmart. This is how cheesey they are. I installed 1 in my car just to see how good they are. I installed it per instructions, I walked up to the vehicle and it said stand back, I opened the door and the alarm went off, I popped the hood snipped the red wire and unswrewed the wingnut, and I threw the alarm down the street, all the while the alarm is saying "intruder, intruder, while the horn is blazeing, they come with a internal battery.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe the above alarm system can also be programmed to record any message you want it to say which can be amusing depending on what you record into it. Also the club is useless against an intruder with a hacksaw as they can slice a section thru the steering wheel and disarm the club quickly.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or if they don't have a hacksaw they can take the wheel with a few basic tools! NO alarm is fulproof, though something is better than nothing. If a thief wants it bad enough they will get it. Peace of mind is a good thing but just because you have the top of the line alarm for your car don't think all is well.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had bad experiances with the talking alarm.
1. the "radar" or whatever they use reacts to palms trees swaying nearby at night, setting off the alarm.
2. people who just want to look at the car, (will happen with viper), will get pissy when your car starts barking at them.

Honestly, I just drive the car to work, park near curb, and set factory alarm. 1 year so far and so good.

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you so far and had to laugh at how cheesy but effective that $69 doojovy was. O.K. staying on track here we ruled out the club and the $69 cheapy, so what is regarded as a highly rated reliable and effective system for the ride? Thanks.

Beepster, just saw your post after I posted up so added this here. I'm still thinking of a little something extra in addition to the factory, you have to remember I was raised in Detroit and have seen so much $#!+ as a kid that I have a lock it and monitor attitude with just about everything except the house when I'm in it. Smith & Wesson could use a little action in that case.

I'm probably just an over-protective new owner too! :bonker:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you so far and had to laugh at how cheesy but effective that $69 doojovy was. O.K. staying on track here we ruled out the club and the $69 cheapy, so what is regarded as a highly rated reliable and effective system for the ride? Thanks.

Beepster, just saw your post after I posted up so added this here. I'm still thinking of a little something extra in addition to the factory, you have to remember I was raised in Detroit and have seen so much $#!+ as a kid that I have a lock it and monitor attitude with just about everything except the house when I'm in it. Smith & Wesson could use a little action in that case.

I'm probably just an over-protective new owner too! :bonker:

You can never be too protective... sitting at window seats in restaurants with a view of the car... do the half-way standing up everytime some punk kids start to crowd around it, ready to make the 30 yard dash across the lot to kick some @$$.

No... you can NEVER be too protective. :D

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I'll just drive over to the all girl college dorm district and park it near frat house row and eat lunch on the lawn. Heh Heh Heh

If I could get Arnold Scwartzenneger to voice the words on the $69 cheepy "You arrre about to be terrmmminnnated" That would be funny.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutritionkgzexoti