<u>This is a serious question!
BURNOUT.gif

however</u>

PUNSTERS, GO FOR IT!!!!!
bounce.gif

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say the factory bra is the best overall for fit and lack of scratches and/or wear to the finish. I purchased a Speed Longerie bra last winter. It is body colored and clearly looks better than the factory bra. I have used it sparingly this year. Even after revisions to improve the tightness by adding additional locating points, similar to the factory bra, I have found small areas where it has surface abrasion. I believe I will install a felt inside before I try it again.

Ron

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">The best bra is no bra... seriously.

IMO, causes more problems than they solve, i.e. abrasion wear, grit capture, etc. </FONT f>

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have worn the Dodge bra quite a bit and have seen no abrasion or wear, but have seen grit. The grit gathers around the bra parts in front of the wheel, but on the bottom side not next to the paint. I am sure grit can get under the paint from vehicles throwing it up, so I stay back from following other cars to closely as much a possible.

I take it off often to inspect, but have never found grit any place other than mentioned -- but sure it can get other places. To reduce chances of abrasion, before putting on the bra, I place 2" wide scotch tape on all corners and points of heavy contact to include hood, fascia, whatever looks like might trap grit and cause damage.

So far so good. Have 2 nicks without the bra and zero problems with the bra.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEVER EVER USE A BRA.

It collects dirt that scratches everything. It cannot handle speeds in excess of 120mph for long. It looks ugly.

And as my old paint shop technician once attested, "WE LOVE FRONT END BRAS."

Uggh! I threw mine away after I saw the damage.

-Avi

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard all of that, but....

I have cars that the front ends are totally destroyed with stone chips. I have a black 98 camaro and it looks like a star chart, completed peppered with white chips.

It is hideous.

Also, I have a few marks on my front end simply from bugs!!

I am concerned about long trips and track days ONLY.

maybe the 3D Clear stuff might be an answer....

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mopar bra will do what you want. Its lined in a material that does not scratch. It installs easily (use the bottom piece only for track days - top part flaps too much.)

It CAN trap sand and grit. Solve that problem by doing a few things. Remove bra every day at the track. (That really counds funny coming from me...) Shake it out and VACUUM the inside in order to get all the sand, grit, dirt, tumbleweeds, rubber bits, etc. out of the lining material.

Do not use in rain. If it gets wet remove from car immediately.

Do NOT try to clean it on the car - when you rub the bra, you can scratch the car underneath if there is any above mentioned grit.

We have several - in various conditions. It has saved the nose of the car when we hit something on a road trip. Saved the nose when we hit a tumbleweed going to Vegas. (Tumbleweed did not disintegrate upon impact like the others - it STUCK in the bra by its stem...) Sometime we use them and sometimes we don't, but its a reasonably easy way to protect the nose, just don't leave it on there for days / weeks at a time.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought $200 worth of ClearBra material (the Utah company, not Xpel or 3M or whatever). This amount would cover about the same area as a Mopar bra. I tried to put on the XPEL/3M myself, but it looked BAD. Looked rippley, like a real bad paint job. $200 gone. Will try the Utah stuff soon and post my results (if not too embarrassed).

Wish I could get some folks in KC interested in doing a ClearBra party.

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a Mopar bra and used it for my trip from Portland to Thunderhill. It was more trouble then it was worth. I took it off when I arrived at T-hill and haven't used it since.

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang