Best complete care for my Viper

danviper1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently purchased an 05 Mamba Edition Viper and want to treat it right. It needs washed and frankly after reading the many entries on this website, I am somewhat nervous to touch it. (ie this won't be a turtle wax job). I have read and studied Junkman (thanks, your videos are very helpful).
1. SO....for someone without limitless funding but who wants to do the best by his viper, what would you recommend for washing through waxing of car??? Seems many folks like Adams, somewhat expensive though.
2. IF use adams where is best place to buy (live in panhandle florida), ie from their website, other?
3. They have number of options (kits) one is adams complete 7424xp D/A car polish kit for 319.95, another adams porter cable 7424xp premium detail kit for 550.00. Are these the way to go???

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always used Griots Garage products on my Viper and been very happy with the results.

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where in the panhandle are you located? I'm outside of Mobile.
I purchased the Junkman's Total Restoration kit from Adams. Still haven't gotten around to using the PC, cause its too much fun to drive. I really love the two bucket wash with the Adams products, and don't forget the foam gun for some killer suds!
FYI Mopar car show April 30, at the Battleship!:usa:

Later,
Joe B :headbang:

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I almost forgot, I've purchased from Eric at Thompson Racing as well.Great service, competitive pricing, and a VCA member and sponsoring vendor!

:2tu:

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh I almost forgot, I've purchased from Eric at Thompson Racing as well.Great service, competitive pricing, and a VCA member and sponsoring vendor!

:2tu:

Yep - got some stuff from Thompson Racing too - ordered and arrived in two days - GREAT service!!

Thanks Eric!!:2tu:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Where in the panhandle are you located? I'm outside of Mobile.
I purchased the Junkman's Total Restoration kit from Adams. Still haven't gotten around to using the PC, cause its too much fun to drive. I really love the two bucket wash with the Adams products, and don't forget the foam gun for some killer suds!
FYI Mopar car show April 30, at the Battleship!:usa:

Later,
Joe B :headbang:
67PLY, Car show @ Battleship,(Mobile,Al) April 30th. Thanks for the info, I'm going to try to attend. I usually go to Gulf Coast Motorsports Online! to find any shows / events. :drive:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a black car or any dark color you can say hello to swirls if you go for economy products especially towels if you do not want scratches buy from Adams,Zaino etc
First wash you need:
foam gun (search the foam gun thread)
Decent car wash soap
High quality micro fiber: Adams products are expensive compared to walmart but you can only compare prices, there is no comparison in quality you only need a couple to get it done but of course it's easier with more. 2 waffle drying towels and maybe 3 or 4 polishing towels for waxing
Wax I'm not going to tell ya what I use cause none of us want to go there again! Do a wax search
Do not quick detail a dirty dark car! Water is not your enemy
Adams detailing forums are a great resource also.
By the way Thompson Racing has been good to a lot of us try them before you try a non associated vendor!

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. SO....for someone without limitless funding but who wants to do the best by his viper, what would you recommend for washing through waxing of car??? Seems many folks like Adams, somewhat expensive though.

:rolaugh:

Now wait a minute... you have limitless funds, remember?

Here's how you determine what you need. There are two ways to detail a Viper. The right way and the wrong way.

Wrong way... don't be that guy. :crazy2:

If you were moved enough to skip over all the cars that you did in order to purchase your Viper, you have shown that you have good taste in a quality performance car. Thus, shopping at Costco and the like for your detailing supplies would be like wearing Wal-mart shoes with an Armani suit.

That just ain't happening. :nono:

So here's the deal. You first have to determine what it is that you are trying to do with your paint. If you just want it to look so-so, there are quite a few kits that you can choose from that will do that. They will do nothing for the damage that you will continually be inflicting on your paint, but they will allow you to constantly fix it.

Now for me, that makes absolutely no sense. Why spend time constantly fixing your paint when you could be driving your car? Thus, the mindset that I would have if I were you is to fix the paint ONCE, and then properly maintain it from that point forward.

In order to do that, you must first identify the things that are damaging your paint. That would be improper washing, drying or dust removal. Once you correct those practices (as I show in my videos), you can then address the damage in your paint because it makes no sense to fix the paint if all you're going to do is continue to damage it.

This was the mindset that I had when I designed my kit. Eric can tell you all about it but in my kit, I have provided everything that you need (minus the foam gun, which Eric has), in order to maintain the paint on your car as I do on mine. All you have to do is watch my easy to follow videos in order to figure out how it is done. Once you accept what it really takes to properly maintain your Viper, you will quickly realize the benefits of doing so once you decide to sell it. My car is 10 years old and people ask me all the time if it is new. They cannot believe the age, and I allow them to look at the paint REAL close.

You must be registered for see images

That's WET baby. :cool:

So realize this. Achieving that eye popping shine from your paint is a commitment that you make, understanding that some initial cost is involved. We're not talking thousands here, quite frankly much less. But after making that initial investment and realizing that you will not have to replace most of that initial investment, you will quickly realize just how much bang you got for your buck. All you have to do is follow my lead in my videos to the letter. The next thing you know, your paint will be in bling city and people will be asking you if your car is brand new.

It's called the red pill. If you're ready to be unplugged from the car care Matrix, I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes. :cool:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1. We need to take up a collection and get the Junkman a Viper!

#2.
IF use adams where is best place to buy (live in panhandle florida), ie from their website, other?
Thompson racing.

OP
OP
D

danviper1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman and everyone else,
I really appreciate everyone's input, I went through the Junkman videos last night via the adams website and will be getting your "kit" from them.
Spoke with Eric, said could get the interior cleaning kit also.
What about wheels and products for? also, do you have video on how to wash/polish these? The inside of the rims look like they need to be taken off to be "cleaned right"

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman and everyone else,
I really appreciate everyone's input, I went through the Junkman videos last night via the adams website and will be getting your "kit" from them.
Spoke with Eric, said could get the interior cleaning kit also.
What about wheels and products for? also, do you have video on how to wash/polish these? The inside of the rims look like they need to be taken off to be "cleaned right"

Dan, at the bottom of the Adam's homepage there's a link to "Detailing Videos" not as entertaining as The Junkman's videos, but still informative. Below is a link to his tire and wheel cleaning video. I've found the Adam's brushes and wheel cleaning sprays to be very good ...... especially the boars hair brush and turbo stick :2tu:

Tires, Wheels, and Wheel Wells

And yes, in order to clean the wheel drums well, the wheels do need to come off :(

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eric can and will set you straight with everything you need. :2tu:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh geez now he's an expert!....;)
If you need soap, I know a guy who has GALLONS of it....LOL
You will notice I did not give him directions on how to use or in my case mis-use the foamer!!!
If I had told him how much soap he would need doing it my way, he would have sold the car and took up cross stitch:lmao::lmao:
I do have some extra soap if anyone needs it Im afraid I will have to give it out as door prizes

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've always used Meguiars until I met AJ, "the junkman", and I am sold on Adam's stuff, I'm going to be buying as soon as it is warm enough to detail outdoors! :)

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always used Meguiars until I met AJ, "the junkman", and I am sold on Adam's stuff, I'm going to be buying as soon as it is warm enough to detail outdoors! :)

Ah hell, what's a little frostbite and some missing fingers? :D

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes, in order to clean the wheel drums well, the wheels do need to come off
Just be carefull not to toss them about and trash the damn sensor inside. Or, if you remove more than one at a time, be sure to mark which one goes where. Because that damn tire pressure sensor just can't go anywhere. Not that I would know these things from experience. :rolleyes:

Ah hell, what's a little frostbite and some missing fingers?
hey, we don't all have a nice drain in our garage like you do. :)

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just be carefull not to toss them about and trash the damn sensor inside. Or, if you remove more than one at a time, be sure to mark which one goes where. Because that damn tire pressure sensor just can't go anywhere. Not that I would know these things from experience. :rolleyes:

hey, we don't all have a nice drain in our garage like you do. :)

They should only be able to go on one place on the car, being directional and different sizes. ;)

:usa: Nick :usa:

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you're going to be correcting your paint, don't do it outside. The direct sunlight will heat up the surface and you don't want to be using polishes on a hot surface. Also, to do it right, you're not going to be out there for only a couple of hours, so plan accordingly.

I just tried the Adam's Power Stick on my CCW wheels and could only clean about 2/3 of the barrel on the front wheels. The stick won't fit between my caliper and the wheel without getting stuck.

Also, just used the Adam's Waterless Wash for the first time. I had just washed the car and went to have lunch with some other Vipers. The parking lot was downwind of a road construction site and the whole car looked AWFUL when we got done eating. I used the California Duster followed by Waterless Wash after the car cooled off in the garage and I was REALLY impressed. That stuff is FANTASTIC.