Best dealer deals on 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 01-rt/10:
Also a Moderator should not be as condescending as the last post.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be the first to agree that a Moderator should not be above the Forum rules !

WITH THAT SAID, CHRIS IS THE LAST GUY THAT I WOULD EXPECT HAS EVER CROSSED THAT LINE!!!

As Tony said
Moderators are entitled to state their opinions the same as anyone else. Most of the Vipers Guys and supporting dealers on this board are great folks (if not all of them) and the biggest problem I see with your post is you are calling into question two
of the finest members of the VCA in my opinion.

NOTE: I HAVE NOT BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM WOODHOUSE DODGE !
I have talked with Bill many times and he has even helped me solve some problems with no expectations in return. I judge people by their actions and Bill and Chris are two great guys based on their actions not words.

2Charmed

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve - here here!

I am sure if you want your deposit back, it is a non-issue. And boy - all that interest - woohoo! with the prime rate at what it is, we'll be lucky if Bob and Bill don't funnel it all into a Swiss bank account and move to a tropical island (little tired of Nebraska winters???)

Consider this- even though the "certificates" seem to be going like hot cakes, they are "free" and they may not and probably will not translate into an equal number of orders. So.....

If the entire first year's production DOES NOT sell out, and its possible - especially with the volatile stock market, etc... then who do you think will be poised to actually RECEIVE any allocation???????? Probably not Joe Dodge - your local dealer who sees the 2003 as a potential college fund enhancer for his kid - but WOODHOUSE. Then, they'll go to the list and see who is on it. Also, there may be instances (financial, health, etc...) where a person places an order for a 2003 and may not be able to take delivery - 8, 9, 10 months is a long time and things happen. Then, where do you think they would go to try to sell that Viper? Will they gouge you - NO - they'll do the deal like they have countless others - and try to help a VCA member who may not have been eligible otherwise.

So, if you want your money back - ASK. But then don't complain that your neighbor with a Corvette gets his Viper before you do. Don't laugh - it's a possibility the way this certificate program was deployed.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BIG QUESTION: What will it cost?

Actually, the deposits may affect the production numbers and cost.

DC may make some calculations and optimize 2003 production and cost for maximum profit.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick to the freaking point, if you guys want to bash dealers, start a dealer bashing thread. Many of us came into this thread to gain knowledge on DEALER DEALS on the 2003. As such, I will contrubute:

1) Elhart, offer 4k off MSRP, seems flexible, and has like 30 certs
2) Small dealer I bought my car from in MN, 2500 off MSRP
3) Preston Dodge, Dallas, didn't know anything about the process, so going somewhere else
4) In negotiations with McKinney dodge, supposedly is offering great deals (coupla hundred over invoice).
5) I won't be going out of state and spending more money, makes no sense to me.

My philosophy is 1) Be loyal, I called my original dealer 2) try local to save the hassle of taxes, title and delivery 3) support the sponsors (woodhouse). And price is the most improtant, I have always gotten my support from here, and my fellow VCA members, never really went to a dealer for questions...

One dealer told me the diff between invoice and MSRP might be $6200, but better to go off of invoice, since they could simply increase this spread.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mako:
$100 over invoice for a 2003?!!!!! Not even close to that in Southern California. We must work from MSRP and are lucky to get much, if anything, off. My deposit is $5,000 and has been down since the first part of 2001.

If any dealer can get a new 2003 and deliver it too me for $100 over invoice or anything like that please send me an email.

Thanks!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just got Nor Cals newsletter, they had one CA dealer at $500 over, two at $950 over, and Woodhouse listed. Contact Maurice, he can give you the scoop. With that said, be careful on the price war over certificate holders. You really do get what you pay for. I once chatted with Bill Pemberton about prepping Vipers when they arrive, all should chat with Bill about this, you would not believe the amount of work that Woodhouse puts into cars before the customer sees them. You do get what you pay for, Woodhouse has a dedicated Viper sales person, a dedicated Viper parts/warranty person, and a group of people who are their just to back them up. It is a pretty impressive customer service oriented organization.

P.S. If a dealer does not take a deposit with your order, you DO NOT HAVE AN ORDER. Ask any lawyer, a contract is not legal and binding unless something of value has changed hands. I know, I had a "contract" on a '92 (for invoice!). I did it in '89.... yes '89 , but the dealer would not take a deposit..... when the dealership changed hands, and the Viper was announced for real... I was swept aside... nothing but a piece of worthless paper.... Yes, I could have sued, but the reality is that I would have lost since nothing of value changed hands. Live and learn. That is why real estate transactions require earnest money too.

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01-rt/10 says
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>PS..Since I posted this morning I've received a lot of e-mails from people who agree with me but don't have the "intestinal fortitude" to post.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony Estes says
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Please forward me the complaints you received. I will keep them confidential and try to help anyone who has been hurt by this "scam" you have reported
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

01-rt/10says
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Done.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

01-rt/10 Thank you for sending me the ONE complaint you received.I called Woodhouse and got the complete correspondence file.A refund on the deposit was never asked for but a refund of deposit is on it's way to the customer. I suggested to Bob that he also send the approximately 30 dollars in interest that you accused him of "scamming" from the customer.
Regards,

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish there was some dealer competition in WA and OR for the new deals...
PNW is ALWAYS last on the listing for cars anyway... so by the time any dealer gets these things here...ya coulda bought them ANYWHERE in the USA Cheaper!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think ol' rt 10 must have some kind of deal goin' with a dealer who would like to take WOODHOUSE down a peg. Iv'e been on the board for two years or so now, got the Viper, new, from Woodhouse July 2000, bought a Duarango since from Bill, he made it cheaper and easier than local, and I'm east coast, not even close. One of the reasons not mentioned so far for taking deposits is to separate the "players" from the serious buyers. I've got a good idea of the volume Woodhouse does in Vipers, I asked and got an answer, I was just curious, and if they did not sort out the serious from the "player" or speculator list, they would have a problem How would you like to call and hear, "you are number 500"? It's easy to not take a deposit if your allocation is 2. Why waste time and effort, the 2 will come in, they will sit there for 6 months each and sell for invoice plus. If your allocation is 100 you better start doing something to sort the folks out. Remember Woodhouse did'nt know what this plan would be. Lastly, maybe there is an advantage in having a deposit, has anyone heard the expression "some pigs are more equal than others"? I'm happy I have a cert. but when anything is in short supply I also want the biggest pig on my side. One more thing, if you are a Woodhouse customer you ain't gonna pay an inflated price and that alone is a reason to give the committment of a deposit that far out weighs any interest lost on the money held. And Chris, you done good!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, given that the original post was about discounts on 2003's and where to find them, I would say this thread got a little off track. I would also note that I don't think 01-rt/10 meant to slam Woodhouse per se, largely as he has not dealt with them personally. In speaking with another member, he had heard that Woodhouse was taking deposits on a car they may or may not have been able to get. Now, if you don't know Woodhouse, that might indeed raise a yellow flag. Indeed, if he had said "Fred's Dodge in Paducah was taking deposits on 2003's", many of us would have chimed in to use caution (or run away). Little did 01-rt/10 know he would be walking into a buzzsaw when it came to Woodhouse, as they really are a dealer that many are familiar with - unlike Fred's Dodge. An innocent mistake, as Blair is even smaller than Paducah.
smile.gif

That said, I am respectfully closing this thread and we can move on. Perhaps another thread can start again about "Best discounts on 2003's" or something similar. We already know who the good dealers are, although that is always open to discussion as well. Thanks for the posts!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets