Best Looking wheels?? Gen 3

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a gen 3 and I'm looking to put some aftermarket wheels on it. Its red with silver stripes and a convertible. Can anyone post some pics of their convertibles or vipers with aftermarket wheels that you think look good or would look good on a viper. Lets see what everyone can find

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm selling my HRE P40 monoblock forged wheels and tires, they would match your silver stripes perfectly. 19x10 front w/ 285 Invo tire, 20x12.5 rear w/ 345 Invo tire. Less than 2K miles on them, $5,000. This setup cost almost $8K new.

You must be registered for see images attach

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The "Best Looking Wheel" is in the eye of the beholder.....There is a HUGE "Ultimate Wheel Thread" on exactly this topic.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't own a viper yet, but I can tell you that Tony "Nine Ball" has built a reputation that will earn my business next year. He has done a lot for the car enthusiast community.

Aside from that, you can't go wrong with HRE's, let alone P40's.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those HRE's simply look like Too much metal IMO.

I like the stock 6-spokes on verts. (1/2 the price of HRE's). Check with Viper Parts of America.

fg17.JPG

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Dom. I got my 6 spokes a little while ago on ebay for $2100.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of CCW SP600s.

As nice as stock wheels may look (Sidewinders are my fav)...they're still stock haha

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE the look of the P40's, but I put the 6 spokes on mine because I didn't like the 10 spokes and the aftermarket wheels are just more than I wanted to pay (at least until I got a lot other mods done first). They look great and are pretty damn light. Not to mention, I bought mine before the prices started climbing on the 6 spokes. I think I paid under $1600 delivered for all 4.

F

FrgMstr

Just powder coated my second set of 6 spokes to go on the new car, but they looked great on the Gen III too. :)

You must be registered for see images

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black pc looks great on the red car. Mine's silver with graphite metallic stripes, so I'm not sure how much I would like black. I'm having my rollbar powder coated silver to match the car and I may look and see if he has pc that can match up pretty well with the stripes.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6-spokes are one of the best looking OEM wheels, but they are still just OEM wheels. I find OEM wheels boring, and prefer a little more personalized touch on my cars and trucks. The OEM wheels are cast aluminum centers, some with a flow-formed (aka "rotary forged") hoop. The HRE wheels are 6061 forged aluminum, machined out of a solid chunk of metal, not cast aluminum. Here is an article I wrote to help you understand the differences in wheel construction. http://www.planetlsx.com/tech/Wheel_Construction_Types_-_Explained/155

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense intended, but I am betting that if some of the aftermarket wheels were actually the OEM wheels, and the OEM wheels were actually an aftermarket brand, people would buy the aftermarket ones because they were not OEM. A little human nature effect I suspect. :)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense intended, but I am betting that if some of the aftermarket wheels were actually the OEM wheels, and the OEM wheels were actually an aftermarket brand, people would buy the aftermarket ones because they were not OEM. A little human nature effect I suspect. :)

You didn't read the link I posted. There are different levels of quality, not all wheels are built equal in strength, weight, tolerances, finishes, etc..

If we all simply settled, we wouldn't be driving Vipers. Then there are those of us that don't want our Vipers to look like other Vipers. :)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't read the link I posted. There are different levels of quality, not all wheels are built equal in strength, weight, tolerances, finishes, etc..

If we all simply settled, we wouldn't be driving Vipers.

Thanks NineBall, I will read the link. Also, the comment was not directly pointed at you--more at the incredible amount of wheel threads on this site, Viper Alley, ChallengerTalk, etc., where most people are just changing for looks or just to change and there is no real science behind their decision--they just don't want OEM. I will read you write-up--Thanks!!!

OP
OP
willworkforvipers

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the 6 spokes also and those Hre are very nice I'm still just looking around to find what I think looks the best. I most need tires but since my wheels are curb washed from the previous owner I figured i would just buy wheels and the tires together!

OP
OP
willworkforvipers

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about these

Has anyone put all 4 19 inch wheels on their car and used smaller tires in front and bigger ones in the back?? Does this affect performance or handling?? Also does anyone know if forgeline is a good wheel or not?? :cool:

2005 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just powder coated my second set of 6 spokes to go on the new car, but they looked great on the Gen III too. :)

Love the look of the car...Is that a stock 08 hood? What suspension setup is on your car?

OP
OP
willworkforvipers

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay so im stuck all these wheels look great but im not sure what to choose :dunno: I really like the 6 spokes and I also really like the forgelines. So either of these does anyone have them for sale used with newish tires or can anyone get a good deal on them new with new tires?? Also if anyone else has any wheel they think would match my red viper with silver stripes post me a picture.

95BlackZ28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NineBall- PM'd you about your wheels for sale. VERY interested.

Willworkforvipers: I have the stock 5 spokes on my car that I'm willing to sell. Haven't decided on a price. They have PS2's all around. The rears have about 40% tread and the fronts have
70% tread. They are in excellent shape with a little rash on a front wheel and a little clear coat issue on one of the rears. Here's a couple pics of the wheels to give you an idea.
Let me know if you're interested! I think these are the best stock wheels ever made for the viper-

95BlackZ28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a custom made roll bar? I haven't see one like that before.
Yes, Dan Cragen at DC Performance in LA tabbed up this roll bar. I love the look of it and the fit and finish is flawless.

F

FrgMstr

Love the look of the car...Is that a stock 08 hood? What suspension setup is on your car?

Vipair 08 style hood. Got it in the garage for sale. Located in Dallas, will not ship, pick up only.

Stock suspension. I was doing about 75MPH through that corner so the car was sitting down on the outside.

OP
OP
willworkforvipers

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Think I'm going to end up getting 6 spokes with new tires in a package deal. Thanks for the offer 95 i like theses wheels also but Ive decided on new tires and wheels. Thanks everyone for the help and pictures those Vipers look good!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave