Best modifications for the money.....

madshibs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a new (1st time) viper owner. :D 2000 RT/10. I wanted to use this post to introduce myself and ask a general question.

What do you all consider to be the best mods for the money, performance and/or esthetics?

I loved the thread on the 1000HP TT package (and the video) :headbang: , sadly I don't see that modification in my financial future. So tell me what you all have done that you consider well worth the investment. (Under $10K)

Thanks for your replies, and I will be sure to post some pics soon....

Regards,

Troy

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short gears and sticky rear tires = best bang for buck for sure.

Worst bang for buck is clearly exhaust in my book, but then again I do not like exhausts for the sound alone and dislike noisy cars.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cheapest bang for your buck would be NITROUS, BUT a Roe Sc is awesome, then again you'd need exhaust at least and well your over 10 grand already lol. So for under 10K i say headers, and exhaust, smooth tubes and filters, Nitrous system, drag radials, short throw shifter.

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Worst bang for buck is clearly exhaust in my book, but then again I do not like exhausts for the sound alone and dislike noisy cars.

I agree with this, 3.73 gears feel like 50+ horsepower for @ $1000 installed.
I disagree with the exhaust statement. To each his own.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving School.

I don't think very many can out drive a bone stock Viper on the track.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cat/muffler delete is a pretty cheap way to add noticeable power, and keep the car cooler inside.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Troy...I still don't see an answer for your goals in the Mods.

Do you want a dyno queen, a track car, street bragging rights, more comfort, drag racer?

The best thing I ever bought for my car was the 6 point harnesses. 2nd may be the additional heat shields from Roe. 3rd was new brake fluid. Actually the new brake fluid was probably #1 all things considered.

But's that's me and just the start of the list. It hasn't ended yet ;)

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MGW shift know....shorten your throws, looks cooler, cheap, takes 2 minutes to install & non-permanent....best bang for buck.

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK grandpa... :laugh:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with above.. Second mod - Roe clutch pedal kit.

DrDJ

What is that and how does it help???????????????I bought my car with one and I can't tell anything different. :confused:

It lowers the clutch pedal so its even with the brake pedal. So, the clutch doesnt have to be pushed in as far before the clutch engages and the shorter clutch pedal travel distance=faster shifting

OP
OP
M

madshibs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. Winters are pretty long here in WI. I'll wait until winter to decide which upgrades to go with. There are some great options here.

I should have mentioned...I'm not planning to track the vehicle. Pure streetrod fun.

Regards

OP
OP
M

madshibs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're in Wisconsin. I'd spend every dime of "mod money" on tires and brakes and live at Road America. What a track!

I'm in Madison, about 100 miles away from Elkhart Lake/Road America. Please let me know if any of you are going there. I'd love to go along.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're in Wisconsin. I'd spend every dime of "mod money" on tires and brakes and live at Road America. What a track!

I'm in Madison, about 100 miles away from Elkhart Lake/Road America. Please let me know if any of you are going there. I'd love to go along.

www.roadamerica.com
Call them up. Ask them for contact info to any clubs that rent the track. Lotsa opportunity these days to get some hi-speed training/fun in.

It might be a while before I make that 1500mile trip again. :)