Best pics of my car ever...

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to go downtown (Jacksonville, Florida), so I thought I would bring the camera along and see if I could get a pic or two with the three piece hardtop on. This is along the St. Johns River, across from the Jacksonville Landing.

You must be registered for see images

This is at Alltel Stadium where the Jaguars play...

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like River City Brewing Company in the background.

For someone from Illinois, you have a good eye for spotting Jax landmarks. Did you come for the Superbowl or sumthin?

Thanks for the compliments!

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS! I like the top so much that I have just left it on all of the time. I've had it for a few weeks now.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anaconda, you need to take a lesson in photography. If those are the best pictures ever, please don't ever post the worst ones. :D Basically, all 3 shots are cluttered and it's hard to find something to focus on. These are the typical tourist shots. Enough of criticism, here's some tips.

Lesson 1: Shoot with the subject slightly off center. This creates more visual interest in the entire frame.
Lesson 2: If the background is cluttered, zoom in on the foreground/subject to blur the background.
Lesson 3: In landscape/skyline shots, framing the shot with trees or lines angling across the frame (preferably to the subject) usually create more dramatic interest.

For Jacksonville, I suggest taking shots along a palm-lined road. Alternatively, beach/sunset shots but the lighting will always be more challenging.

Forever the critic.

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's wrong with clutter? I think it adds more character to the pictures.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awsome! viper looks great!!!!

wow havn't been back to Jacksonville since I went to college there:) JU!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's wrong with clutter? I think it adds more character to the pictures.
Nothing, if it's intended to be the subject. Everything, if it's not. In this case, the Jacksonville skyline(?) was providing the backdrop to your Viper (the assumed subject?). But I don't see much of that backdrop. Instead I see a sign about manatees and some half cut palms down the center of the frame. Very distracting. The palms would probably add much more character about Jax than a manatee warning, right? Put them at the edge and enjoy the view.

The stadium shot looks cluttered too and I'd say moving in closer might be the best way to get rid of it. But I cannot make up my mind about it.

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm happy with the pictures and evidently several other people think they are okay too.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm happy with the pictures and evidently several other people think they are okay too.
I didn't mean to offend you, just point out room for improvement. Photography is not as subjective a topic as one might think. There are fixed rules and logic that seem obvious in retrospective, just open a copy of National Geographic. Obviously if you are happy, then that's all that matters.

And now I'll challenge myself to get some NYC skyline shots with the Viper. Been wanting to do it for a while (like 5 years). I'll post them within a month and you can have a fair shot at them. If I don't, I lose.

What would be even more intersesting is if everybody posted a Viper+skyline shot of the city they live in/near. Sounds interesting? A Viper photo competition with no prize?

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about just have everyone try their best and post what they can do? I really don't desire to be compared against someone else and "lose" a competition based upon camera skills. I can do without the "Well, Anaconda isn't as good as (whoever)" comments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joebrett