BFG stepped up for the Radial Tire Shootout...Las Vegas

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Todd at BF Goodrich and they are going to sponser the Radial Tire Shootout. They have pledged a set of BFG drag radials to the winner. This is going to make a huge difference for the participants! They have something to race for.

On saturday we will have a street tire shootout and an Unlimited Radial Tire Shootout. The difference between the two will be:

Street tire shootout will be stock and mod1(bolt ons) cars with pilots.

Unlimited radial tire shootout will be mod2 and unlimited on radial tires(kumhos,bfg's,sport cups, etc: No slicks or skinnies). You have to run 17-19" rims(viper sizes). No 15 or 16" rims are allowed in the radial tire shootout. You must have radial tires on all four corners.
If you are running tires other than pilots then you can run the radial tire shootout.

I plan on running the index classes on sunday during the main event.

Check out www.moparsatthestrip.com for further info. Also, there will be dedicated viper parking at the drag strip, ask at the gate.

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carrot

You will have to talk to roof about the radial tire stuff. The radial tire shootout is a vegas only event right now. If things go well maybe roof will consider it.

We are going to do it to level the playing field. How can a stock viper ever compete with a 10.43 on pilots? It can't. Therefore I made this new class to make it a little more interesting for the stock and slightly modified vipers and hopefully make a viper in street trim run a 9 second pass on bfg's or whatever. I think it would make it a little more exciting if there are enough people in attendance.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I run street tires with just my bolt ons, then put the bottle in and run my drag radials?
Thanks!

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can run either the street tire shootout or the BFG radial tire shootout, not both. Sorry. Put your bottle on and run the bgf radial tire shootout.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang