Big Brakes Installation question

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you get mad at me for not researching the forums please understand I have dug into any posts back to 2004 for Dave's Big Brake Installations as well as the Stoptech Brakes. I tried to understand everything to do, but I have one simple question which may have been answered already, but here goes.

The installations I saw showed SRT calipers being put on the front as well as the rear and it required the cutting off of the ears by the rear brakes. I just want to be clear about whether they must also be removed if I am using the stock RT-10 (1999) front brakes on the back. If someone can let me know then I can be sure I have staged all the correct tooling before I start. I have all the brackets etc. and just need the e-brake kit for the back which is currently back ordered.

Please don't beat me up if it seems like a dumb question, but I just wanted to see if the ears needed to be removed in all cases.

OP
OP
R

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big thanks for GTSR-001 for letting me know that the ears have to be removed for my installation. I will get some fresh Sawzall blades and grinding discs and be ready for a fun installation and a whole lot better brake system than the original one.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Rich- Let me know if you have any questions, I went through it as well, moved the Gen 2 fronts to the rears (also added ABS) so learned more than I ever wanted to about the braking systems. It took some modification to get the e-brake to work even with the new assembly, seems it didn't pull quite enough without an adjustment. Give me a shout if you need help, James

OP
OP
R

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the nicely detailed photo. I will take my time and be very careful. This will be the first time I have cut things on the Viper. It should be worth it for the inprovement in braking.

I appreciate the help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi